Randy Alcorn (born June 23, 1954) is an American Protestant author and director of Eternal Perspective Ministries, a non-profit Christian organization dedicated to teaching an eternal viewpoint and helping the needy of the world. He has written several novels, including Deadline, Dominion, and Deception. He received a Gold Medallion Book Award in 2003 for his novel Safely Home. He has also written a number of non-fiction books, including Heaven, The Purity Principle, and The Treasure Principle. Eternal Perspective Ministries owns the royalties to his books and 100 percent of them are given away to support missions, famine relief, pro-life work, and other ministries.
He and his wife, Nanci, have two grown up and married daughters, Karina and Angela, who assisted him in writing the novel The Ishbane Conspiracy in 2001. Randy and Nanci have four grandsons. They live in Gresham, Oregon.
He wrote a book similar to The Screwtape Letters called Lord Foulgrin's Letters. In Alcorn's book, references are made to demons, known only as "ST" and "WW" (for it had become a crime in Hell to even speak their real names), who had their letters found by a human and were punished by Beelzebub for their incompetence. He has also written a sequel to Lord Foulgrin's Letters entitled The Ishbane Conspiracy in which Lord Foulgrin from the first book is put on probation and is receiving letters from a senior demon named Prince Ishbane. In between the letters actual scenes from the humans lives unfold.
In November 2009, Alcorn signed an ecumenical statement known as the Manhattan Declaration calling on Evangelicals, Catholics and Orthodox not to comply with rules and laws permitting abortion, same-sex marriage and other matters that go against their religious consciences.
- Christians in the Wake of the Sexual Revolution: Recovering Our Sexual Sanity (Multnomah 1985), ISBN 0-88070-095-5 
- Women Under Stress: Preserving Your Sanity (Multnomah 1986), ISBN 0-88070-157-9 (with Nanci Alcorn) 
- Money, Possessions, and Eternity (Tyndale House 1989), ISBN 0-8423-8731-5 (2003 rev. ed., ISBN 0-8423-5360-7) 
- Sexual Temptation: How Christian Workers Can Win the Battle (InterVarsity Press 1989), ISBN 0-87784-223-X 
- Is Rescuing Right?: Breaking the Law to Save the Unborn (InterVarsity Press 1990), ISBN 0-8308-1301-2 
- Pro Life Answers to Pro Choice Arguments (Multnomah 1992), ISBN 0-88070-472-1 (2000 rev. ed., ISBN 1-57673-751-9) 
- In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven (WaterBrook Press 1999), ISBN 1-57856-299-6 
- The Treasure Principle (Multnomah 2001), ISBN 1-57673-780-2 
- The Treasure Principle Bible Study (Multnomah 2003), ISBN 1-59052-187-0 (with Brian Smith) 
- The Grace and Truth Paradox (Multnomah 2003), ISBN 1-59052-065-3 
- The Purity Principle (Multnomah 2003), ISBN 1-59052-195-1 
- The Law of Rewards (Tyndale House 2003), ISBN 0-8423-8106-6 
- Heaven (Tyndale House 2004), ISBN 0-8423-7942-8 
- If God Is Good: Faith in the Midst of Suffering and Evil (Multnomah 2009), ISBN 1-60142-132-6 
- 50 Days of Heaven: Reflections That Bring Eternity to Light (Tyndale House 2006), ISBN 1-4143-0976-7 
- Heaven Study Guide (Tyndale House 2006), ISBN 1-4143-0977-5 
- Heaven for Kids (Tyndale House 2006), ISBN 1-4143-1040-4 (with Linda Washington) 
- Why Pro Life? (Multnomah 2004), ISBN 1-59052-369-5 
- Courageous: a novel (Tyndale House 2011), ISBN 978-1-4143-5846-8 
- Deadline (Multnomah 1994), ISBN 0-88070-660-0
- Dominion (Multnomah 1996), ISBN 0-88070-939-1
- Deception (Multnomah 2007), ISBN 1-59052-616-3
- Edge of Eternity (WaterBrook Press 1998), ISBN 1-57856-085-3
- Lord Foulgrin's Letters: How to Strike Back at the Tyrant by Deceiving and Destroying His Human Vermin (Multnomah 2000), ISBN 1-57673-679-2 (2001 revised edition, ISBN 1-57673-861-2) 
- Safely Home (Tyndale House 2001), ISBN 0-8423-3791-1
- The Ishbane Conspiracy (Multnomah 2001), ISBN 1-57673-817-5 (with Angela Alcorn and Karina Alcorn)
- Wait Until Then (Tyndale House 2006), ISBN 1-4143-1041-2
- Tell Me About Heaven (Crossway 2007), ISBN 1-58134-853-3
- The Chasm (Multnomah 2011), ISBN 978-1-60142-339-9
- "About Us", Eternal Perspective Ministries
- "Manhattan Declaration: A Call of Christian Conscience" (Press release). The DeMoss Group. November 20, 2009. Retrieved January 25, 2011.
- Eternal Perspective Ministries Store
- Greiner, Jodelle (September 2, 2008). "Randy Alcorn wraps up trilogy". Gainesville Daily Register.
- Stafford, Tim (April 1, 2003). "The Pastor without a Paycheck". Christianity Today.
- 700 Club guest bio
- Author website: Eternal Perspective Ministries
- Author Randy Alcorn's Blog
- Author Randy Alcorn's Facebook
- Author Randy Alcorn's Twitter
- Interview with Randy Alcorn