|Member of the Pennsylvania Senate
from the 40th district
August 29, 2012
|Preceded by||Jane Orie|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 30th district
January 2, 2007 – August 29, 2012
|Preceded by||Shawn Flaherty|
|Succeeded by||Hal English|
|Born||1949/1950 (age 63–64)|
|Residence||Shaler Township, Pennsylvania|
Prior to holding elected office, Vulakovich attended the Allegheny County Police Academy and Duquesne University. He served as a police sergeant with the Shaler Township Police Department, where he was known by the affectionate moniker "Officer V.” 
On April 11, 2006, Democrat Shawn Flaherty defeated Republican Mike Dolan in a special election to fill the remainder of Jeff Habay's term as state representative. On May 16, 2006 Vulakovich defeated two other Republicans (including Mike Dolan) for the right to challenge Flaherty in that November's election. Vulakovich defeated Flaherty that November by a 53-47 margin. Vulakovich resigned from the State House on August 29, 2012, just prior to taking the oath of office to begin his Senate service.
In 2012, Vukakovich was nominated by the Republican party to face Sharon Brown to fill the vacancy in Pennsylvania's 40th State Senate district created by the resignation of Jane Orie. He was elected to the seat in the August 7, 2012, special election with over 73% of the vote to Brown's 27%. In the wake of his election, Vulakovich announced he would resign his State House seat to assume his seat in the State Senate. Vulakovich was sworn in as a state senator on August 29, 2012.
- "Senator Vulakovich Takes Over 40th District Seat". Office of Senator Randy Vulakovich. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- "SESSION OF 2007 191ST OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY No. 1". LEGISLATIVE JOURNAL. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 2 January 2007. Retrieved 9 January 2009.
- McNulty, Timothy (7 August 2012). "Vulakovich defeats Brown for Orie's seat". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Representative Randy Vulakovich (PA)". Project Vote Smart. Project Vote Smart. 2008. Retrieved 9 January 2009.
- "Rep. Randy Vulakovich Biography". Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus. 2008. Retrieved 11 January 2009.
- "2006 Special Election for the 30th Legislative District - Representative in the General Assembly". Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information. Pennsylvania Department of State. 2004. Retrieved 9 January 2009.
- "2006 General Primary - Representative in the General Assembly". Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information. Pennsylvania Department of State. 2006. Retrieved 9 January 2009.
- "2006 General Election - Representative in the General Assembly". Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information. Pennsylvania Department of State. 2006. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "2012 Special Election for the 40th Senatorial District". Pennsylvania Department of State. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- LaRussa, Tony (8 August 2012). "Vulakovich wins Senate seat". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
Media related to Randy Vulakovich at Wikimedia Commons
- Pennsylvania State Senate - Randy Vulakovich - Official PA Senate website
- Pennsylvania Senator Randy Vulakovich - Official Party website