Ranga Reddy district
|Ranga Reddy district
రంగా రెడ్డి జిల్లా, ರಂಗಾರೆಡ್ಡಿ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆ
Rangareddy District, R.R. District
|District of Telangana
Rangareddy District Montage. Clockwise from Top Left: Shamirpet lake view, Ananthagiri Forests at Vikarabad, Keesaragutta Temple, Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad, Residential buildings in Miyapur.
Location in Telangana, India
|Named for||Konda Venkata Ranga Reddy|
|• Density||473,000/km2 (1,230,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu, Kannada|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TS-07, TS-08|
|Precipitation||603 millimetres (23.7 in)|
|Avg. annual temperature||26.0 °C (78.8 °F)|
|Avg. summer temperature||45.9 °C (114.6 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||23.5 °C (74.3 °F)|
Rangareddy District, formerly known as K. V. Ranga Reddy District and Hyderabad (Rural) District, is a district in the state of Telangana, India. It was formed in 1978 when it was split from Hyderabad district. The district has an area of 7,493 km², and a population of 3,575,064 of which 54.20% was urban as of 2001. The district encircles the city and district of Hyderabad, and the city of Hyderabad also serves as the administrative center of the district. It is the most populous district of Telangana (out of 10).
Originally named hyderabad (Rural) district, it was renamed after Konda Venkata Ranga Reddy, a freedom fighter who fought for the independence of Telangana from the Nizams and who went on to become the deputy chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
- Medium-scale industries and Cement Corporation Of India (CCI)'s cement factories are established at Tandur.
- Another major company is Hyderabad Chemicals and Fertilizers, established at Moula-Ali in 1942.
In 2006 the Indian government named Ranga Reddy one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the nine districts in Telangana currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
There are 14 assembly constituencies in Ranga Reddy district. They are Medchal, Malkajgiri, Qutbullapur, Kukatpally, Uppal, Ibrahimpatnam, L B Nagar, Maheshwaram, Rajendranagar, Serilingampally, Chevella, Pargi, Vikarabad and Tandur.
Mandals are third-level administrative areas in India, below states and districts. There are 37 mandals in Ranga Reddy district:
- Uppal Kalan
According to the 2011 census Ranga Reddy District has a population of 5,296,396, roughly equal to the nation of Finland or the US state of Minnesota. This gives it a ranking of 17th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 707 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,830 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 48.15%. Rangareddy has a sex ratio of 955 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 78.05%.
- "Notification" (PDF). The Gazette of India. Government of India. 4 March 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "District Codes". Government of Telangana Transport Department. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- Law, Gwillim (2011-09-25). "Districts of India". Statoids. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- "Salient Features of Rangareddy District". Rangareddy District Official Website. Collectorate Rangareddy District. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- Srivastava, Dayawanti et al. (ed.) (2010). "States and Union Territories: Andhra Pradesh: Government". India 2010: A Reference Annual (54th ed.). New Delhi, India: Additional Director General, Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India), Government of India. pp. 1111–1112. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7.
- "Island Directory Tables: Islands by Land Area". United Nations Environment Program. 1998-02-18. Retrieved 2011-10-11. "New Ireland 7,404km2"
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Finland 5,259,250 July 2011 est."
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Minnesota 5,303,925"
Sri Anantha Padmanabha Arts and Science College - Vikarabad CBIT Engineering College Vasavi Engineering College
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rangareddy district.|
- Official website
- Birds of Ananthagiri Hills
- Butterflies of Ananthagiri Hills
- Flora of Ananthagiri Hills
|Gulbarga district, Karnataka||Nalgonda district|