Range Township, Madison County, Ohio
|Range Township, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Madison County.
|• Total||48.2 sq mi (124.8 km2)|
|• Land||48.2 sq mi (124.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,014 ft (309 m)|
|• Density||20.4/sq mi (7.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086551|
Range Township is one of the fourteen townships of Madison County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 983 people in the township, 709 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Oak Run Township - north
- Pleasant Township - east
- Madison Township, Fayette County - southeast
- Paint Township, Fayette County - south
- Stokes Township - west
- Paint Township - northwest
The village of Midway is located in southwestern Range Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Madison County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Thomas Baldwin & J. Thomas, A new and complete gazetteer of the United States, Lippincott, Grambo & Co, 1854, Pg. 974
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.