Rani Abbakka-class inshore patrol vessel
|Name:||Rani Abbakka class inshore patrol vessel|
|Builders:||Hindustan Shipyard Ltd., Visakhapatnam, India|
|Operators:||Indian Coast Guard|
|Type:||Inshore patrol vessel|
|Length:||50 m (164 ft 1 in)|
|Propulsion:||3 × MTU 4000 diesel engines, each 2,720 kW (3,648 hp) at 2100 rpm
3 × 71S II Rolls-Royce waterjets
|Speed:||31.5 knots (58.3 km/h; 36.2 mph)|
|Range:||1,500 nmi (2,800 km; 1,700 mi) at 14 kn (26 km/h; 16 mph)|
|Boats & landing
|1 × rigid inflatable boat|
|Complement:||39 (5 officers & 34 men)|
|Armament:||1 × CRN 91 Naval Gun|
The vessels have a length of 50 meters, beam of 8 metres, draught of 4.5 metres and have weight of 275 Tonnes. They are powered by three MTU 4000 series diesel engines of 2720 KW capacity at 2100-rpm each coupled with three 71S II Rolls Royce waterjets with top speed of 31.5 knots and an endurance of 1,500 nautical miles at cruise speed of 14 knots. The patrol vessels are fitted with an advanced Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS), to carryout search and rescue operations. Other features include Integrated Bridge System (IBS), Machinery Control System, Infra-red Communication System. Armament consist of one CRN 91 Naval Gun along with its fire control system. They also carry one rigid inflatable boat. The ship's crew consists of five officers and 34 men.
Ships of the class
The first of the series ICGS Rani Abbakka was launched on 28 May 2009 at Hindustan Shipyard Limited, Visakhapatnam. It was commissioned, also at Visakhapatnam, by MM Pallam Raju, Defense state minister on 20 January 2012 in the presence of Vice Admiral Anil Chopra, AVSM, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief (East), Vice Admiral MP Muralidharan, AVSM NM Director General Indian Coast Guard. The series is named after Rani Abbakka.
The second of the series of five Inshore Patrol Vessels (IPVs), ICGS Rani Avantibai, was handed over to the Indian Coast Guard on 08 May 13. It was commissioned on 09 May 13 by Sri Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State for Defence.
- ICGS Rani Abbakka, launched 28 May 2009, commissioned 20 January 2012
- ICGS Rani Avanti Bai, launched 4 November 2009, commissioned 09 May 2013
- ICGS Rani Durgavati, launched 15 May 2010
- ICGS Rani Gaidinliu, launched 6 November 2010
- ICGS Rani Rashmoni, launched 15 July 2011
- Solas Marine Fast Interceptor Boat
- L&T Interceptor Class fast attack crafts
- Couach fast interceptor boats
- Cochin Fast Patrol Vessels
- Rajshree class inshore patrol vessel
- ABG fast interceptor craft
- Alcock Ashdown Survey Catamaran
- Manoram class ferry
- "Press Information Bureau English Releases". Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "First of Five Inshore Patrol Vessel Commissioned Into Coast Guard". defencenow.com.
- "Rani Abbakka". deagel.com.
- http://articles.janes.com/articles/Janes-Navy-International-2012/India-commissions-first-IPV-after-delays.html Design & commission
- http://www.thornycroftmaritime.com.au/ Design house