Raniganj (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||40. Asansol|
|Eletorate (year)||196,907 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 278 Raniganj assembly constituency covers Raniganj municipality and Andal community development block. Ratibati gram panchayat of Raniganj CD Block is part of Jamuria (Vidhan Sabha constituency). Amrasota, Egra, Ballavpur, Jemari and Tirat gram panchayats of Raniganj CD Block are part of Asansol Dakshin (Vidhan Sabha constituency).
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Raniganj |
|AITMC||Md. Sohrab Ali||73,810||47.83||+14.99#|
|AITMC gain from CPI(M)||Swing||+40.58#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages in 2006 taken together.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||0|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||8||13|
|Marxist Forward Bloc||0||1|
Note: New constituencies – 4, constituencies abolished – 5 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 state asemby election, the Raniganj assembly seat was won by Haradhan Jha of CPI (M). He defeated his nearest rival Jitendra Tiwari of Trinamool Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. In 2001, 1996, 1991 and 1987, Bansa Gopal Chowdhury of CPI (M) won the seat defeating his nearest rivals Sampa Sarkar, Senapati Mondal, Sankar Dutta and Kalyani Biswas (all of Congress) in the respective years. In 1982 and 1977, Haradhan Roy of CPI (M) defeated Hare Krishna Goswami and Sarojakshya Mukherjee (both of Congress) in the respective years.
Haradhan Roy of CPI(M) won in 1972, 1971, 1969 and 1967. Lakhan Bagdi of CPI won in 1962. In 1957, there was a seat at Ondal. It was won by Dhawadhari Mondal and Ananda Gopal Mukhopadhyay, both of Congress. In independent India's first election in 1951, Banku Behari Mandal of Congress won the Raniganj seat.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Raniganj". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Raniganj. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Raniganj. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "261 - Raniganj Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-10-30.