Raninagar I (community development block)
রাণীনগর I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|— community development block —|
|• Total||171.07 km2 (66.05 sq mi)|
|• Density||900/km2 ( 2,300/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Mushidabad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Raninagar|
Raninagar I (community development block) is an administrative division in Domkol subdivision of Murshidabad district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Islampur police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Goas.There is one census town in the block: Harharia Chak.
Islampur is located at
Though the main administrative blocks are situated in Goas, the main bazaar of this block is Islampur. It consists of one general degree college (Murshidabad Adarsa Mahavidyalaya), one co-ed Higher Secondary School (Chak Islampur S.C.M. High School) and one Secondary Girls' School (Islampur Girls' High School). Three nationalised banks (United Bank Of India, Bank of Baroda and State Bank of India) serves this area. There are four ATMs operating presently (Axis Bank,UBI,SBI,ICICI) with Bank Of Baroda bank ATM opening shortly.
Gram panchayats 
As per 2001 census, Raninagar I block has a total population of 154,559, out of which 79,565 were males and 74,994 were females. Raninagar I block registered a population growth of 22.22 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 23.70 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
The whole block is served by Islampur Gramin Haspatal which is in poor condition as almost all the hospitals of rural Bengal.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Murshidabad district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Murshidabad district. Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 12". Government of West Bengal Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.