Rankin Inlet Airport (IATA: YRT, ICAO: CYRT) is located at Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, Canada, and is operated by the government of Nunavut.
In December 2005 the Government of Nunavut announced that they would spend $3 million to improve the Instrument Landing System and expand the apron.
Canadian NORAD Region Forward Operating Location Rankin Inlet is located on the southwest side of the runway and shares the use of the runway when operations necessitate.
Airlines and destinations
Forward Operating Location hangars for CF-18's
in Rankin Inlet
||Arviat, Baker Lake, Chesterfield Inlet, Churchill, Coral Harbour, Repulse Bay, Thompson, Whale Cove, Winnipeg
||Iqaluit, Ottawa, Yellowknife
||Iqaluit, Winnipeg, Yellowknife
|First Air operated by Unaalik Aviation
||Arviat, Baker Lake
||charters and MEDIVAC
||Points North, Saskatoon
- ^ Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 29 May 2014 to 0901Z 24 July 2014
- ^ Synoptic/Metstat Station Information
- ^ Total aircraft movements by class of operation — NAV CANADA flight service stations
- ^ Nunatsiaq News
- ^ Calm Air schedule
- ^ Flight Schedule and Route Map.
- ^ Interactive weather/route map
- ^ First Air route map
- ^ Pronto Airways schedule