Raptr current logo
Raptr Client with Home tab open
|Original author(s)||Dennis Fong|
|Initial release||03 September 2008|
|Stable release||4.1.0 / 01 August 2014|
|Type||Social Networking,Computer Optimization|
Raptr is a social networking website and instant messenger, targeted towards video game players. The company was founded by Dennis Fong, co-founder of Xfire, in 2007 and is located in Mountain View,California. The company has raised 12 million dollars in funding from investors including Accel Partners and Founders Fund.
The client, which is a downloadable application for Microsoft Windows, supports AIM, Yahoo! Instant Messenger, GTalk, Windows Live Messenger, Xfire, ICQ, and Facebook Chat protocols and allows users to import their Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Steam accounts. It also includes other features such as game/achievements tracking, in-game overlay, and game management. Raptr offers a few images showing a user's game statistics for use in signatures.
On the website, users add video games to their profile, as well as track game play time and achievements, share reviews, game related information, and game activity. Raptr lets users publish their gaming accomplishments to sites like Twitter, Plurk, FriendFeed, and Facebook.
Raptr has partnerships with video game publishers Activision, Ijji  and the Raptr client was bundled with the PC release of Red Faction: Guerrilla. In December 2009, Raptr partnered with Gamespot to provide both communities with extra features.
- "Raptr Gaming Network Opens For Private Beta". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- "Raptr Launches 1337 Gaming Network To The Public". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- Raptr, NHN USA Partner to Help Players Connect across ijji.com's [Reactor] Suite of Free-to-Play Games, Reuters
- Raptr Announces Partnerships With THQ And Activision, http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175254
- http://blog.raptr.com/2009/12/16/raptr-and-gamespot-partnership-is-now-live/ Raptr and GameSpot Partnership is Now Live!