||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2010)|
|Headquarters||West Hollywood, California, United States|
|Products||Pornographic films and internet pornography|
Rascal Video is a gay pornography studio and production company. The company was founded by Chi Chi LaRue, the first video produced under this name was "Steele Ranger" in 1999. The parent company for distribution is Channel 1 Releasing.
Rascal Video was founded after famed porn star/director Doug Jeffries introduced Channel 1 Releasing to AVN Hall of Fame director Chi Chi LaRue in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1999. Soon after, LaRue joined Channel 1 Releasing and formed her own gay adult film label, Rascal Video.
Rascal is known for discovering some of the most popular porn performers of the genre: Johnny Hazzard, Eddie Stone, Dylan Pierce, Luca DiCorso, Eddie Diaz, Robbie Angel, Jimmy Durano, Matt Summers, Theo Blake, Claudio Martin, Josh Vaughn, Cameron Marshall and more.
Rascal Video is the label under Channel 1 Releasing that has produced the most high-end big budget movies, such as “BOLT,” “Wrong Side of the Tracks” and “Taken: To the Lowest Level.”
- 2002 GayVN Awards winners of Best Music - Gay or Bi, Best Overall Marketing Campaign and Best Packaging for "The Back Row", Best Overall Marketing Campaign.
- 2005 Grabby Awards winner of Best Gay Video with "Wrong Side of the Tracks 1-2".
- 2008 GayVN Awards winner of Best Speciality Release for "When Bears Attack".
- "He's a really big figure in the world of 'erotic cinema'". Philadelphia Inquirer. July 18, 2002.
- XBIZ (5 February 2008). "How to Be a Gay Porn Star". XBIZ.com. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- DJ Plez (3 September 2004). "Interview with Chi Chi LaRue". Chicagopride.com. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- Cachapero, Joanne (14 May 2008). "Rascal Video Goes On GayHotMovies.com". XBIZ.com. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- "The 16th Annual (2005) Grabby Award Winners". Grabbys - Gay Chicago Magazine. May 27, 2006.
- "Channel 1 Releasing Takes Home 8 GAYVN Awards". XBIZ.
|This pornography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|