Raseborg – Raasepori
Castle of Raseborg
Location of Raseborg in Finland
|• Town manager||Mårten Johansson|
|• Total||2,354.17 km2 (908.95 sq mi)|
|• Land||1,147.70 km2 (443.13 sq mi)|
|• Water||1,206.47 km2 (465.82 sq mi)|
|Area rank||30th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||36th largest in Finland|
|• Density||25.06/km2 (64.9/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Swedish||66.2% (official)|
|• Finnish||31% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||16.3%|
|• 15 to 64||63.5%|
|• 65 or older||20.2%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||21%|
The town has a population of 28,761 (30 November 2014) and covers an area of 2,354.17 square kilometres (908.95 sq mi) of which 1,206.47 km2 (465.82 sq mi) is water. The population density is 25.06 inhabitants per square kilometre (64.9/sq mi).
The name of the new town is based on the Castle of Raseborg located in Ekenäs, or formerly in the municipality of Snappertuna. Historically the name of the county was also Raseborg in the 14th century.
In February 2011, Raseborg Municipality entered into a "Friendship Co-operation Agreement" with Makana Municipality in South Africa. The project, which is to last three years, seeks to facilitate information sharing in the fields of economic development, arts and culture, women's development, youth development, and education.
Results of the Finnish parliamentary election, 2011 in Raseborg:
- Swedish People's Party 42.7%
- Social Democratic Party 30.1%
- National Coalition Party 7.6%
- True Finns 6.4%
- Green League 5.3%
- Left Alliance 3.4%
- Centre Party 1.9%
- Christian Democrats 1.5%
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 30.11.2014" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Local Councils Vote to in Favour of Municipal Merger". Yle.fi. YLE. 2007-06-19. Retrieved 2007-06-19.
- "Finland Trip Feeback". Makana Municipality. Retrieved 2011-11-29.
Media related to Raseborg at Wikimedia Commons
Raseborg travel guide from Wikivoyage
- City of Raseborg – Official website (Swedish) (Finnish)
- Makana-Raseborg - blog documenting the progress of the friendship co-operation agreement