||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (May 2012)|
Rashmi Sinha is an Indian-American businesswoman and CEO of San Francisco-based technology company SlideShare. She has done PhD in Psychology from Brown University. She has done M.A. in Psychology and B.A. from Allahabad University.
Rashmi grew up in India and earned a PhD in cognitive neuropsychology at Brown University. There, Rashmi took computer science courses with Andy van Dam, so she had some exposure to the HCI (human-computer interaction) way of thinking. She took a course in designing educational software. Rashmi Sinha went to University of California, Berkeley for a postdoc where she switched her focus to human-computer interaction. She then left academia to start her own user-experience consultancy. Deciding that she enjoyed practical problems more, she co-founded Uzanto, a user experience consulting company and worked on projects for companies like eBay, Blue Shield, AAA etc. Her first foray into products was with MindCanvas (a game-like software for customer research) released in November 2005. Simultaneously, Rashmi and her husband built SlideShare, a site for people to share presentations online, in just six months. Since its launch in 2006, more than 9 million presentations have been uploaded to SlideShare, helping professionals connect through content. LinkedIn acquired SlideShare for over $100 million in 2012.
In 2008, Rashmi was named one of the World's Top 10 Women Influencers in Web 2.0 by Fast Company.
Rashmi writes about social software and entrepreneurship at her blog –http://www.rashmisinha.com. She is involved in the HCI community, was one of the founding members of the Information Architecture Society, and co-chairs the monthly BayCHI talk series.
- "Rashmi's blog".
- Gannes, Liz (3 May 2012). "LinkedIn Buys SlideShare For $119M While Beating Earnings Expectations". Mobile Apps News. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- Chang, Angie (4 May 2012). "Female Founders To Watch: Literally Married To Your Co-Founder". Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- Sinha, Rashmi. "About". Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "SlideShare Founding Team".
- America's Sexiest CEOs Playboy
- "Indian-origin Rashmi Sinha in Playboy’s ‘sexiest CEOs’ list". The Indian Express Limited. 21 May 2009. Retrieved 23 May 2009.
- "Rashmi's blog".
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|