Rashtriya Lok Dal
|Rashtriya Lok Dal
राष्ट्रीय लोक दल
|Preceded by||Lok Dal|
|Headquarters||12-Tughlak Road, New Delhi|
|ECI Status||State Party|
|Seats in Lok Sabha|
|Seats in UP Legislative Assembly|
|Politics of India
Rashtriya Lok Dal (abbreviated as RLD) (translation: National People's Party) is a political party in India. Chaudhary Ajit Singh is a founder and the president of the party. He is carrying on the political legacy of his father and former Prime Minister of India, Charan Singh and the original Lok Dal.
On 12 December 2011, RLD joined the United Progressive Alliance led by Indian National Congress. The party contested on eight constituencies in Uttar Pradesh in Indian general election, 2014 as per an arrangement with UPA but lost on all of them. Party chief Ajit Singh who was six term holder from Baghpat seat, lost to BJP candidate Satya Pal Singh. His son Jayant Chaudhary, the incumbent MP from Mathura, lost to BJP candidate Hema Malini too.
Party's MLA's in 15th Vidhan Sabha (Uttar Pradesh) are:
- Thakur Dalveer Singh, (Barauli-Aligarh)
- Feroze Ali Khan, Chhata- Mathura
- Kartar singh Bhadana (Muzaffarnagar)
- Virpal Rathi (Bagpath)
- Bhagwati Prasad Suryavanshi (Khair-Aligarh)
- Badan Singh (Mathura)
- Triloki Ram Diwakar (Iglas-Aligarh)
- Sudesh Sharma (Ghaziabad)
- Haji Shoaib Iqbal from (Matia Mahal constituency)
- Mr.Jabar Singh Pradhan Kotban
- BKKP, RLD merge with Lok Dal
- Seth, Maulshree (May 28, 2014). "Post rout, RLD mulls solo fight in Assembly bypolls". Lucknow: The Indian Express. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- Political Parties and Election Symbols
- RLD leaders upset over poll pact
- "Cong to leave 8 seats for RLD, 3 for Mahan Dal in western UP". Indian Express. March 9, 2014. Retrieved April 17, 2014.
- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/lok-sabha-elections-2014/news/Election-Results-2014-Ajit-Singhs-RLD-bites-the-dust-in-UP/articleshow/35200845.cms. Missing or empty
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|