Rashtriya Lok Dal
|Rashtriya Lok Dal|
|Leader in Lok Sabha||Ajit Singh|
|ECI Status||State Party|
|Seats in Lok Sabha|
|Seats in Legislative Assembly|
Rashtriya Lok Dal (abbreviated as RLD) (English: National People's Party) is a political party in India. Chaudhary Ajit Singh is the party president. He is carrying on the political legacy of his father and former Prime Minister of India, Charan Singh and the original Lok Dal.
The party commands a heavy influence in the western region of Uttar Pradesh. From 2002-2007, the party had six ministers in the Uttar Pradesh government. The party's official electoral symbol is handpump.
In 2004 Lok Sabha elections, RLD ran in alliance with the Samajwadi Party. The party polled 2,463,607 votes and won three seats. Under the arrangement with SP, RLD contested seats only in the western part of Uttar Pradesh traditionally dominated by Jats.
In 2009 Lok Sabha elections, RLD ran in alliance with the Bhartiya Janta Party. The party won five seats. Under the arrangement with BJP, RLD contested only seven seats, again in the western part of Uttar Pradesh.
Members of Parliament
RLD has five member of parliament (in 15th Lok Sabha):
- Ajit Singh (Baghpat)
- Jayant Chaudhary (Mathura)
- Devendra Nagpal (Amroha)
- Sarika Singh (Hathras, SC)
- Sanjay Singh Chauhan (Bijnor)
Party's MLA's in 15th Vidhan Sabha (Uttar Pradesh) are:
- Thakur Dalveer Singh, (Barauli-Aligarh)
- [(Thakur Tejpal Singh)], Chhata- Mathura
- Kartar singh Bhadana (Muzaffarnagar)
- Virpal Rathi (Bagpath)
- Bhagwati Prasad Suryavanshi (Khair-Aligarh)
- Badan Singh (Mathura)
- Triloki Ram Diwakar (Iglas-Aligarh)
- Sudesh Sharma (Ghaziabad)
- Haji Shoaib Iqbal from (Matia Mahal constituency)
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|