|Birth name||Rasmus Ole Lyberth|
21 August 1951 |
Rasmus Ole Lyberth (born 21 August 1951) is a Greenlandic singer, songwriter and actor. Since 1970, he was one of the most popular artists in the Greenlandic music scene. His music is well known beyond the borders of Greenland.
Rasmus Lyberth was born in Maniitsoq, but grew up in Nuuk, where as a 12-year-old began performing and playing guitar. He is the son of a teacher and writer Erik Lyberth and Emma Lyberth. In 1969 he began performing in Copenhagen. In 1974 he has recorded his first album Erningaa.
Album has been successful and another came a few years later, then had a few years of musical break. He also appeared on the stage of the Greenlandic Tuukaq Teatret. He also gave many concerts not only in Denmark and Greenland, but also in many countries in Europe and North America. He collaborated with other musicians, including Christian Alvad and Lars Lilholt Band.
- 1974: Erningaa
- 1978: Piumassuseq nukiuvoq (dan. Viljen er styrke)
- 1989: Ajorpianng
- 1989: Nanivaat
- 1992: Kisimiinngilatit (Kærlighed gør mig smuk)
- 1994: Nakuussutigaara
- 1998: Qaamaneq isinnit isigaara (Jeg ser lysglimt i dine øjne)
- 2001: Inuuneq oqaluttuartaraanngat (Når livet fortæller)
- 2006: Asanaqigavit (Kærligst)
- 1984: Tukuma
- 1998: Heart of Light, (greenl. Qaamarngup uummataa, dan. Lysets hjerte)
- 2003, 2008: Nissernes Ø (TV-Serie)
- "Main activities during The Tall Ships Races in Aarhus". tsraarhus.dk. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- "Rasmus Lyberth" (in Danish). Den danske film. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rasmus Lyberth.|