|Studio album by Moebius & Plank|
|Producer||Plank & Moebius|
|Moebius & Plank chronology|
Rastakraut Pasta was recorded in September 1979 at Conny's Studio outside of Cologne. It was released by Sky Records in 1980. Instrumentation on the album includes electronics, voice, guitar, and flute, all of which are credited to both Moebius & Plank. Can alumnus Holger Czukay plays bass on three tracks: "Feedback 66", "Missi Cacadou", and "Two Oldtimers".
Steven and Alan Freeman, writing in The Crack In The Cosmic Egg describes Rastakraut Pasta and the 1981 follow-up Material, in part, this way: "Their early albums as a duo were revelations of innovation, bringing unlikely combinations of industrial rock, cosmic and even dub music (on Rastakraut Pasta) together in a hybrid of genres. A reborn spirit of Krautrock that played recklessly with offbeat forms..." Julian Cope includes Rastakraut Pasta in his Krautrock Top 50.
Both Rastakraut Pasta and Material were reissued in their entirety on a single CD on the American Gyroscope label on April 16, 1996, marking the first U.S. release for both albums. Rastakraut Pasta was reissued separately on CD in a digitally remastered, 1000 copy limited edition by the Japanese Captain Trip label on February 25, 2007.
- "News" - 4:53
- "Rastakraut Pasta" - 6:17
- "Feedback 66" - 4:57
- "Missi Cacadou" - 5:31
- "Two Oldtimers" - 7:02
- "Solar Plexus" - 4:55
- "Landebahn" - 1:28
- Album liner notes
- Freeman, Steven, and Freeman, Alan The Crack In The Cosmic Egg (Audion Publications, 1996) ISBN 0-9529506-0-X Retrieved September 7, 2007.
- Cope, Julian A Krautrock Top 50. Retrieved September 12, 2007.
- Prog Archive Rastakraut Pasta/Material Retrieved September 11, 2007.
- Discogs Rastakraut Pasta Retrieved September 11, 2007.
- Amazon.com Rastakraut Pasta & Material Retrieved September 11, 2007.
- Scaruffi, Piero (1999). "Cluster". pieroscaruffi.com. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- Anonymous Random Writings on Music and Other Things: German Rock Retrieved September 7, 2007.