Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg (Lok Sabha constituency)
Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg Lok Sabha constituency (Marathi: रत्नागिरी-सिंधुदुर्ग लोकसभा मतदारसंघ) is one of the 48 Lok Sabha (parliamentary) constituencies of Maharashtra state in western India. This constituency came into existence in 2008 as a part of the implementation of the Presidential notification on delimitation of parliamentary constituencies, based on the recommendations of the Delimitation Commission of India constituted on July 12, 2002. This newly carved constituency was formed by merging parts of erstwhile Rajapur and Ratnagiri Lok Sabha constituencies.
Members of Parliament
General elections 2009
|General Election, 2009: Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg|
|Shiv Sena||Suresh Prabhu||3,07,165||42.73|
|INC gain from Shiv Sena||Swing|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Rajapur (Lok Sabha constituency)
- Ratnagiri (Lok Sabha constituency)
- Ratnagiri district
- Sindhudurg district
- "Delimitation notification comes into effect". The Hindu. February 20, 2008.
- "Rane's prestige at stake in Konkan; confident of a cakewalk". Sakaal Times. April 5, 2009.
- "District wise List of Assembly and Parliamentary Constituencies". Chief Electoral Officer, Maharashtra website.