Rattle (percussion beater)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The rivets of a sizzle cymbal.
- The jingles of a tambourine.
- The seeds inside a maraca.
- The ball chain of a cabasa.
- The snares of a snare drum.
Rattles may be the primary cause of the instrument's sound, as in the maraca, or they may modify its sound, as in the sizzle cymbal, or they may be used for both purposes depending on how it is played, as in the tambourine.
|This article relating to percussion instruments is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|