Rattle (percussion instrument)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2011)|
- Shac-Shac, as known in Trinidad, Dominica and the French Antilles.
- Maracas, widely used in Cha Cha Cha and jazz.
- The egg-shaped plastic chicken shake, filled with steel shot and available in varying tones depending on the size and quantity of shot.
- Folk instruments especially used in ceremonial dance.
- Toy rattles for infants.
- Erich M. von Hornbostel and Curt Sachs, "Classification of Musical Instruments," Translated from the original German by Anthony Baines and Klaus P. Wachsmann, The Galpin Society Journal XIV (1961), 15-16, http://www.jstor.org/stable/842168.
|This article relating to percussion instruments is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|