Nabalus is a genus of flowering plants in the daisy family. It is now considered the correct name for a group of plants in North America that were formerly considered to be members of Prenanthes, and were included in that genus in the Flora North America treatment. The common name for the genus is "White Lettuce", and reflects its close relationship to lettuce (Lactuca sativa) but having flowers that are whitish or purplish-white in some species. Many (perhaps all) of the species are monocarpic perennials, in which an individual plant may live for multiple years in a vegetative condition but then will die after flowering and fruiting.
- Nabalus acerifolius Maxim
- Nabalus alatus Hook.
- Nabalus albus (L.) Hook.
- Nabalus altissimus (L.) Hook.
- Nabalus angustilobus (C.Shih) Sennikov
- Nabalus asperus (Michx.) Torr. & A. Gray
- Nabalus autumnalis (Walter) Weakley
- Nabalus barbatus (Torr. & A.Gray) A.Heller
- Nabalus boottii DC.
- Nabalus carrii (Singhurst, O’Kennon & W.C. Holmes) Weakley
- Nabalus crepidineus (Michx.) DC.
- Nabalus nanus (Bigelow) DC.
- Nabalus racemosus (Michx.) DC.
- Nabalus roanensis Chickering
- Nabalus serpentarius Pursh (Hook)
- Nabalus trifoliolatus Cass.
|This Cichorieae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|