Rauf Mamedov, Heraklion 2007
|Full name||Rauf Mamedov|
April 26, 1988 |
Baku, Azerbaijan SSR, USSR
|FIDE rating||2660 (April 2014)
(No. 65 in the July 2011 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2679 (May 2011)|
He played in the gold medal-winning Azerbaijani team at the European Team Chess Championship in Novi Sad in 2009, alongside Shakhriyar Mamedyarov, Teimour Radjabov, Vugar Gashimov and Gadir Guseinov, previously winning bronze medal in 2007.
Notable tournament victories
- Winner of Corsica Masters 2011, blitz tournament
- In 2009, he tied for 1st-3rd with Yuriy Kuzubov and Dmitry Andreikin in a category 16 tournament at Lubbock, Texas.
- Winner of Azerbaijan Chess Championship two times (2006, 2008)
Mamedov with Azerbaijani Chess team, winners of European Team Chess Championship in 2007.
- Azerbaijani chess player wins first round of Aeroflot Open festival
- Azerbaijan Takes Gold in European Team Championship
- Gold for Azerbaijan and Russia in Novi Sad
- "Рауф Мамедов стал победителем блиц-турнира во Франции" (in Russian). Retrieved 31 October 2011.
- "Archive. Tournament report November 2009: Spice Cup 2009 - Group A". FIDE. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rauf Mamedov.|
|This biographical article relating to an Azerbaijani chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|