Raúl Gonzalo Cuero Rengifo (born in Buenaventura, Colombia) is a Colombian professor of microbiology. From 1988 through 2012 he was a professor at Prairie View A&M University researching biological resistance to ultraviolet light. The work was supported in part by NASA and led to at least one publication and patent. During this period, Colombian media portrayed Cuero as "one of the greatest scientists in the world"  who was internationally acknowledged as one of the greatest Colombian inventors, stated he had over 100 publications in scientific journals, and claimed he had won a significant award from NASA. Since 2012, he has been the research director of International Park of Creativity, an organization of which he is the founder.
In 2013, an El Espectador investigation alleged Cuero's curriculum vitae mixed in trivial publications with his peer-reviewed work, listed publications that did not appear to exist, misstated his invention record and employment at NASA and possibly fabricated several awards and honors. This contradicted Cuero's reputation as a leading researcher. In a follow-up interview with the paper, Cuero clarified he had contracted with NASA, could not recall the origin of the award in question, stated that 11 of the 13 patents claimed on his CV were still going through the approval process, and confirmed he had five peer reviewed articles published in the past 14 years.
- Kennard, Bryce Hairston (February 2010), Natural Cures and Complex Technologies: PVAMU Microbiologist Raul Cuero’s Latest Target: Skin Cancer, Quest 2 (1): 1
- Cuero, Raúl. "Professional Experiences". RaulCueroBiotech.com. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "El biólogo colombiano Raúl Cuero es un investigador de la Nasa y uno de los más grandes científicos del mundo." Vidal, Margarita (3 September 2011), Raúl Cuero, científico de Buenaventura que triunfa en la Nasa, El País
- "DESPUÉS DE SER reconocido en el mundo como uno de los mayores inventores de Colombia, quiere que los niños sigan su ejemplo." Daniel Rivera Marin (16 August 2011), El Dr. Raúl Cuero y su Parque de la Creatividad, El Colombiano
- "Cuero es autor de 19 invenciones patentadas y ha publicado 110 artículos en revistas científicas, siendo además autor del libro Entre el triunfo y la supervivencia." Ana María Chica Agudelo (11 November 2010), Raúl Cuero, Honoris Causa, El Colombiano
- "En 2003 ganó el Premio de Tecnología de la Nasa y el Tech Brief Monetary Award." Gustavo Tatis Guerra (24 October 2009), El científico Raúl Cuero deslumbra al mundo, El Universal
- Bernal, Rodrigo (24 Oct 2013), Los dudosos honores del científico colombiano Raúl Cuero, El Espectador
- Lo que dijeron los medios sobre Raúl Cuero, El Espectador, 24 Oct 2013
- No he sido deshonesto: Raúl Cuero, El Espectador, 24 Oct 2013