Ravenna Township, Portage County, Ohio
|Ravenna Township, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||20.6 sq mi (53.4 km2)|
|• Land||20.4 sq mi (52.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|Elevation||1,106 ft (337 m)|
|• Density||454.5/sq mi (175.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||330, 234|
|GNIS feature ID||1086837|
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Shalersville Township - north
- Freedom Township - northeast corner
- Charlestown Township - east
- Edinburg Township - southeast corner
- Rootstown Township - south
- Brimfield Township - southwest corner
- Franklin Township - west
- Streetsboro - northwest corner
Formed from Town 3, Range 8 of the Connecticut Western Reserve, Ravenna Township covers an area of 20 sq mi (52 km2).
Name and history
It is the only Ravenna Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Portage County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Census Bureau data
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.