Ravenswood Bridge is a two-lane cantilever bridge in the United States, connecting Ravenswood, West Virginia and rural Meigs County, Ohio, across the Ohio River. It has a total length of 2,710 ft (830 m) with a main span of 900 ft (270 m). The bridge was completed in 1981 as part of a state-bill economic plan to replace narrow two-lane roads in southeastern Ohio with modern, wider roads.
The bridge replaced a ferry that had crossed the river between Ravenswood at Walnut Street and rural Lebanon Township since at least 1925. When the bridge opened in 1981, on the Ohio side of the river, the bridge and its approach route carried the 0.57-mile-long (0.92 km) State Route 824 (SR 824). The crossing originally lead to a winding two-lane SR 338. In 2003, the SR 824 designation was removed when the US 33 bypass in Meigs County was completed leading to Pomeroy, Ohio.
- The World Almanac and Book of Facts. World Almanac Education Group. 2002. p. 609. ISBN 0-88687-872-1.
- United States Geological Survey (1960). Ravenswood Quadrangle - West Virginia/Ohio (Map). 1 : 24,000. 7.5 Minute Series (Topographic) (Revised 1987 ed.). http://ims.er.usgs.gov/gda_services/download?item_id=5414054. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- Ohio Division of Highways (1925) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by G.F. Schlesinger, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1925a.sid. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- "2001 MEIGS CO 2 AVERAGE 24-HR TRAFFIC VOLUME". ODOT. 2001. p. 3. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- Ohio Department of Transportation (2003) (MrSID). 2003-2004 Official Ohio Transportation Map (Map). Cartography by Gordon Proctor, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm2003a.sid. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- Ravenswood Bridge at Bridges & Tunnels
|This article about a bridge in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a bridge in West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|