|Occupation||Actor, director, producer & writer|
Ravi Babu (Telugu రవి బాబు) is a Telugu-language film actor/director. He is the son of Chalapathi Rao, also a Telugu film actor. He always works with new or less known faces and brings out their talent. He is well known for handling comedy and thriller movies superbly and got appreciation from critics.
He started his career with small negative roles. He later he did a course in direction and directed some films. His debut movie is Allari Introducing Naresh (later he named after that movie Allari Naresh), a comedy film with different screen play and direction. Later he directed films such as Ammailu Abbailu, Soggadu, Party with the concept of comedy and worked well.
After the movie Party, he changed tack and directed Anasuya, a suspense thriller starring Bhumika Chawla in the lead role, Nikita Thukral and himself in other roles. It was a box-office hit and earned fame for him. After Anasuya, he directed the love story Nachavule, which was another surprise hit at the box office. Then he returned to thrillers and directed Amaravathi based on hypnotism concept, which fared below average at the box office. He alternately directs one thriller and one love story most of the time. His next film was Manasaara, a love story set in Kerala. It stands out as one of the best technically of his films and though it did not do well at the box office it received critical appreciation. Introducing six newcomers, he directed his next film Nuvvila which gave him another decent hit. For the first time he took a horror subject and made Avunu starring Poorna in the lead role. This film received critical acclaim and did very well at the box office. It emerged as one of the biggest hits in his career.
Up to now, Ravibabu is well known for his expertise in handling both thriller and horror genres, as well as love stories, using new faces. Apart from this, he also excelled as an actor in Telugu movies with his comedic timing and typical villainism. Currently he is busy with his next venture, which will be his another youthful comedy.
- Prema Oka Maikam (2013)
- Anthaka Mundu Aa Tarvatha (2013)
- Swamy Ra Ra (2013)
- Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (2013)
- Gundello Godari
- Avunu (2012)
- Manasara (2011)
- Amaravathi (2009)
- Padhamoodu (2009)
- Yavarum Nalam (2009)
- Nachav Alludu
- Brahmanandam Drama Company (2008)
- Kalidasu (2008)
- Anasuya (2007)
- Party (2006)
- Naani (2004)
- Ammayilu Abbayilu (Release Date: 29 Jan 2003)
- Murari (2001)
- Neti Gandhi
- Tholi Prema (1998)
- Chala Bagundi
- Racha (2012)
- Anaganaga Oka Deerudu
- ' 'Aakasamlo sagam
- Allari Naresh's Laddu Babu(2013) - Director & Writer
- Avunu - Director & Writer
- Nuvvila(2011) - Director & Writer
- Manasara (2010 film) - Director & Writer
- Amaravathi - Director & Writer
- Nachavule - Director & Writer
- Anasuya (2007) - Director, Producer & Writer
- Party (2006) - Director
- Soggadu (2005) - Director
- Ammayilu Abbayilu (Release Date: 29 Jan 2003) Director & Writer
- Allari - Debut movie as Director & Writer
- "Ravi Babu in Nikhil’s Swamy Ra Ra". 123telugu.com. 1998-01-01. Retrieved 2012-08-23.