||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|Occupation||Vice Chairman, Essar Group|
|Relatives||Shashi Ruia (Brother)|
Ravi Ruia is a mechanical engineer by profession, with a degree from College of Engineering,Guindy - Anna University in Chennai, India, and has played an important role in steering the Essar Group to its pre-eminent position. The Essar Group is a multinational conglomerate and a leading player in the sectors of steel, oil and gas, power, communications, shipping, ports and logistics, projects and minerals. With operations in more than 20 countries across five continents, the group employs 75,000 people, with revenues of US$17 billion. Notably he is the 12th richest person living in the united kingdom, as in the Sunday times rich list 2011.
In December 2011, Ruia was charged by India’s Central Bureau of Investigation over alleged corruption involving the sale of India's 2G spectrum. He was charged alongside two other executives from the Essar Group.
- "Ravi & Shashi Ruia". Forbes. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "Shashi Ruia". Htsummit.hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 2011-11-20.
- Garside, Juliette (13 December 2011). "Indian billionaire Ravi Ruia charged over mobile licences". The Guardian. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- Crabtree, James (December 12, 2011). "India’s CBI charges Essar executives - FT.com". Financial Times. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- Winners at the Asian Awards