Ravi Subramanian is an Indian author. A banker by profession, Subramanian has written popular thrillers about banking and bankers, including two Crossword Book Award winning titles The Incredible Banker and The Bankster. Subramanian says "I will be satisfied if people remember me as the [John] Grisham of banking," referring to the American lawyer best known for his legal thrillers.
An alumnus of Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, batch of 1993, Subramanian has spent close to two decades in the financial services industry. After having worked with companies such as Citibank, HSBC and ANZ Grindlays, Subramanian is now the CEO of a listed NBFC. Subramanian continues to write popular columns for well-known magazines and has his own personal weekly column in the Career and Business life page of The Economic Times.
- 2007 If God Was a Banker
- 2008 I Bought the Monk’s Ferrari
- 2010 Devil in Pinstripes
- 2011 The Incredible Banker
- 2012 The Bankster
- 2013 Bankerupt
Awards and honors
- 2008 Indiaplaza Golden Quill Book Award (Reader's Choice), If God Was a Banker 
- 2010 "Crossword Best of 2010", Devil in Pinstripes
- 2011 Economist Crossword Book Award (Popular Vote), The Incredible Banker 
- 2012 Economist Crossword Book Award (Popular Vote), The Bankster
- Five of the eleven articles classified as "Best of Leadership writing from ET (The Economic Times)" were written by Ravi Subramanian.
- Ismat Tahseen (Nov 10, 2009). "‘Remember me as the Grisham of banking’". Daily News & Analysis. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- Khushita Vasant (August 23, 2012). "Meet the John Grisham of Banking". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- "The Hindu’s Aman Sethi bags award for A Free Man". The Hindu. October 19, 2012. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- Shruti Dhapola (October 19, 2012). "Anuradha Roy, Aman Sethi win at Economist-Crossword awards". Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- "'Popular choice' ruled at book awards". Times of India. December 7, 2013. Retrieved December 7, 2013.
- "Best of leadership writing from ET". The Economic Times. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- Ravi Subramanian, official website
- Book Review of Ravi Subramanian's latest book, The Bankster