|Medium||Stand up comedian, actor, writer, talk show host|
|Genres||Observational comedy, Satire/Political satire, Social commentary|
|Subject(s)||American culture, American politics, current events, pop culture|
|Influences||David Letterman, Johnny Carson, Woody Allen, Eddie Murphy, Garry Shandling, Martin Short, Billy Crystal, Jay Leno|
Ellin hosted and wrote for the syndicated shows "The Movie Loft," "Premium TV," "New York Now," and "BrainFuel TV." Ellin also hosted the ground-breaking web-based talk show "LateNet with Ray Ellin," LateNet . The show has had appearances by comedians, actors, and authors including Chevy Chase, Leonard Nimoy, Jeff Garlin, Hank Azaria, Charles Grodin, Richard Belzer, Susie Essman, Artie Lange, Amy Sedaris, Richard Kind, Paul Shaffer, Oksana Baiul and Fran Drescher.
Ellin performs at top comedy clubs around the United States. Ellin produced and directed the film "The Latin Legends Of Comedy", which he financed on his own 6 credit cards. Its opening weekend, the film finished third in per-screen average behind Oscar winners "The Last King Of Scotland" and "The Queen". The movie was acquired by 20th Century Fox for US DVD rights.
In 2011, Ellin became the host of the "Gong Show Live," a resurrection of the iconic television show.
In 2012, Ellin became the host of the new television show "Worth The Wait."
Ellin has helped raise over a million dollars for various charities; he has been quoted as saying "I want to make a fortune doing what I love to do, and then just be a philanthropist."
Ellin moved to New York after college. He moved around many times, at one point sleeping in the front seat of his Dodge Aspen while parked in front of a Manhattan high school. Ellin was awoken by students rocking the car.
He has had a variety of jobs, including selling postal uniforms to letter carriers. Ellin has joked "You've never lived until you've measured the inseam of an angry mailman."
At age eleven, would get up at 5:30am to deliver Boston Globe.
Grew up with older sisters, who had him listening to Barry Manilow songs as a small boy. He knows the lyrics to almost all of Manilow's songs.
Is featured regularly in the "Page 6" column of the New York Post.
Ellin has been linked to various actresses and newscasters, but his longest relationship was with a nurse.
Article about Ray and Tom Cruise:
Article about Ray and LateNet with Ray Ellin:
Oksana Baiul, </http://www.dailycomedy.com/videos/685>
Article about Ray and Oksana Baiul:
Article about Ray, Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg:
Article about Ray Ellin, Anderson Cooper, Tim Gunn
- 2009 Ellin was named one of "New York's Best Emerging Artists"
- 2006 Ellin received a Proclamation from the City of New York for his contributions to comedy.
- His film "The Latin Legends Of Comedy" won the jury award at the Boston International Film Festival.
- Genzlinger, Neil (September 29, 2006). "On Stage and Off With Three Veterans of the Comedy Scene". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- Dylan P. Gadino, "Ray Ellin: On the Go!" Punchline, May 10, 2006
- "'Is this thing on?' Today's comics find success elusive". The Christian Science Monitor. August 30, 2002. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- Steve Lipman, "A Class Clown Eyes The A-List", The Jewish Week, September 30, 2009.