|State Leader of Katter's Australian Party|
29 November 2012 – present
|Preceded by||Rob Katter|
|Member of the Queensland Parliament for Condamine
Darling Downs (2001–2009)
21 March 2009
|Preceded by||new seat|
|Born||3 March 1960|
|Political party||Independent (2001)
National Party of Australia (2001-2008)
Liberal National Party of Queensland (2008-2012)
Katter's Australian Party (2012-present)
Raymond Gordon Hopper (born 3 March 1960) is an Australian politician. He has been a member of the Legislative Assembly of Queensland since 2001. Originally elected as an independent in 2001, he joined the National Party later that year and the Liberal National Party in 2008.
Hopper held the following roles in opposition:
- Shadow Minister for Racing (8 March 2004 – 27 September 2005)
- Shadow Minister for Natural Resources and Mines (28 September 2005 - 1 July 2006)
- Shadow Minister for Employment and Training (1 July 2006 – 8 August 2006)
- Shadow Minister for Natural Resources and Mines (8 August 2006 – 21 September 2006)
- Shadow Minister for Natural Resources and Water (12 August 2008 – 30 September 2008)
- Shadow Minister for Food Security and Agriculture (30 September 2008 – 5 April 2009)
- Shadow Minister for Primary Industries, Fisheries and Rural and Regional Queensland (6 April 2009 to 26 November 2010)
On 24 November 2012, Hopper resigned from the Liberal National Party and joined Katter's Australian Party. On 29 November it was announced that he had become the parliamentary leader of Katter's Australian Party, taking over from Rob Katter, the son of the party's founder.
- "Raymond Gordon Hopper". Parliamentary Library of Queensland.
- "LNP veteran Ray Hopper resigns to join Katter's Australian Party". Courier-Mail. 25 November 2012.
- Hurst, Daniel (2012-11-29). "LNP defector clinches Katter party leadership". brisbanetimes.com.au. Retrieved 2012-12-19.
|Parliament of Queensland|
|Member for Darling Downs
2001 - 2009
|Member for Condamine
|This article about a Liberal Party of Australia politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|