|Born||August 4, 1927
|Awards||Richard Neutra International Medal for Design Excellence, the California Council/AIA Bernard Maybeck Award for Design Excellence, the Topaz Medal|
|Practice||Kappe Architects Planners|
|Projects||Southern California Institute of Architecture|
Ray Kappe (born 1927 in Minneapolis to Romanian immigrant parents) is an award winning architect and educator in Southern California. In 1972, he resigned his position as Founding Chair of the Department of Architecture at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona and along with a group of faculty and students, started what eventually came to be known as the Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc).
In 2006, Ray Kappe began working with LivingHomes to design sustainable, modern, modular homes. LivingHomes is a developer of modern, prefabricated homes that combine world-class architecture with an unparalleled commitment to healthy and sustainable construction. The first LivingHome, designed by Ray Kappe, was the first in the nation to achieve LEED Platinum and was the only home to win the AIA’s top sustainability award in 2007. Ray Kappe's second LivingHome was selected as the Green Home of the Year by Green Builder Magazine. LivingHomes are available in standard or customized configurations to builders, developers and individuals.
As of 2007, Kappe is still actively involved in architectural theory and practice, particularly in the areas of sustainability and the prefabrication of residences.
The Showtime series Californication features one of Kappe's projects, the Benton House, as a major plot point in Episode Seven, "Girls Interrupted." The interior of this house is also featured on the CBS series Shark.
- "Benton residence, Los Angeles". Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- Michael Webb & Ray Kappe (January 1999). Themes and Variations: House Design: Ray Kappe: Architects/Planners. Books Nippan. p. 9. ISBN 1-86470-007-6.
- "Architect Ray Kappe". Malibu Magazine. Retrieved 2009-08-20.
-  LivingHomes.
- "Girls, Interrupted". Californication. Season 1. Episode 7. 2007-09-24.
- Ray Kappe SCI-Arc Modern Architect Kappe Architects Planners. Kappe+Du Architects. Retrieved on 10 December 2007.