Ray Suen on set of Yo Gabba Gabba!, October 2009
|Birth name||Raymond Liang Suen|
|Born||July 5, 1985|
|Origin||Newark, Delaware, USA|
|Genres||Rock, Jazz, classical|
|Instruments||Violin, guitar, keyboards|
|Associated acts||Mariachi El Bronx, The Flaming Lips, Childish Gambino, Passion Pit, The Killers, Louis XIV|
Ray Suen (born July 5, 1985) is an American multi-instrumentalist. He is currently a touring member of Passion Pit and the backing band for Childish Gambino. In 2013, Suen released EP1 as his solo project, Savio Savio.
Raised in San Diego, California and classically trained, Suen began playing violin at the age of three. He served as a principal violinist with the La Jolla Symphony Orchestra and also studied jazz while earning a degree in Psychology at UCSD. He became a fixture in the San Diego music scene performing with several different area rock, folk, jazz, and world music groups.
He is a former touring member of the rock band, Louis XIV, and has appeared and recorded with numerous Southern California artists including Jason Mraz, Matt Curreri & the Exfriends, Joanie Mendenhall, and Gregory Page among others. Suen was also featured in 2007 as an occasional member of the Joe Firstman house band on Last Call with Carson Daly.
Other artists Suen has performed with include Donald Glover, Devon Sproule and The Flaming Lips. Suen played with Sproule during a short tour in February 2009  and played percussion with The Flaming Lips on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien in October 2009.
Suen appeared again with The Flaming Lips at the 2011 New Year's Eve Freakout playing harp, guitar, synth and other percussion for the first live performance of The Soft Bulletin album. He performed subsequent Soft Bulletin shows as well as Dark Side of the Moon shows as an auxiliary musician.
Upon graduation in 2007, he began his first national tour with Louis XIV opening for the Las Vegas rock band, The Killers on the last leg of their Sam's Town Tour. Suen would later join The Killers in 2008 as keyboardist, guitarist, violinist, and backup vocalist for their Day & Age World Tour and has since appeared with the band on Saturday Night Live, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Late Show with David Letterman, Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, Taratata and Later... with Jools Holland. Suen also appears on The Killers' first live concert DVD, Live from the Royal Albert Hall, filmed July 2009, and on The Killers' performance on Live from Abbey Road.
Mariachi El Bronx
Suen met members of Mariachi El Bronx when they opened for the Killers. He began touring with them following the end of the Day and Age Tour. Subsequently, he became a member writing and contributing vihuela, jarana, harp, guitar, violin, and vocals to Mariachi El Bronx (II) and III.
- Carl_Barât & The Jackals - "Let It Reign" (2015) - Bass 
- Willis Earl Beal - "Nobody Knows" (2013) - Violin
- The Enemy (UK band) - "Streets in the Sky" - Violin
- Madness (band) - "Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da" (2012) - Violins, Vocals
- Mariachi El Bronx - Mariachi El Bronx (II) (2011) - Vihuela, Jarana, Vocals (Background), Harp, Guitar, Violin
- White Sea - This Frontier EP (2010) - Strings, Guitar
- Transfer - Future Selves (2011) - Strings
- Armistice - Armistice EP (2011) - Strings, Guitar
- The Killers - Live from the Royal Albert Hall (2009) - Guitar, Keyboards, Violin, Backing Vocals credited as Ray L. Suen
- Louis XIV - Slick Dogs and Ponies (2007) - Strings credited as Mister Raymond Suen
- "Childish Gambino and Danny Brown at the Fox". "San Francisco Bay Guardian". 2012-04-23. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Ears Wide Open: Savio Savio". "Buzzbands.la". 2013-10-21. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "New Kid on the Block Has Chops". San Diego Union Tribune. 2005-12-18. Retrieved 2008-05-09.
- "Ray Suen impresses Louis XIV as quick study". San Diego Union Tribune. 2007-07-27. Retrieved 2008-05-09.
- "Devon Sproule and her In-laws". "C-ville". 2009-02-10. Retrieved 2009-11-12.
- "Flaming Lips bring 'Embyronic's' rock 'n' roll edge to Hollywood". "LA Times". 2009-10-16. Retrieved 2009-10-17.[dead link]
- "Flaming Lips to perform defining album ‘Soft Bulletin’ live for New Year’s Eve". "The Oklahoman". 2010-12-31. Retrieved 2011-01-15.
- "Show Journal: Donald Glover/Childish Gambino – Atlanta, GA". "Scene SC". 2011-05-10. Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- "Kansas City tries to keep up with Childish Gambino’s lyrical tornado". "Midcoast Station". 2012-07-10. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "Opportunity Rocks". San Diego Union Tribune. 2007-07-27. Retrieved 2008-05-09.
- Jones, Alice (2009-09-07). "The Killers, Royal Albert Hall, London". "The Independent". Retrieved 2009-11-12.
- "Mariachi El Bronx show they're the real deal at London Latin Music Festival". Kerrang!. 2010-05-08.
- "Crossing musical borders with Mariachi El Bronx". "San Diego Union Tribune". 2011-10-13. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "MARIACHI EL BRONX (III) FOR NOVEMBER 4 RELEASE ON ATO RECORDS". 2014-09-12. Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "Carl Barat: ‘Playing two gigs on New Year’s Eve will give The Jackals instant memories'". 2014-12-30. Retrieved 2015-01-20.
- "http://www.allmusic.com/artist/ray-suen-mn0002671478" at AllMusic. Retrieved "2013-10-23".