|Known for||Owner of
Contracting Solutions Group and
Chairman of Notts County F.C. and
Lincoln Ladies F.C.
Ray Trew is a businessman and football club chairman from Lincolnshire. He is a former board member of Lincoln City F.C. and owns a controlling interest in Notts County F.C., Lincoln Ladies F.C. and Nottingham R.F.C..
Trew achieved his wealth through recruitment, having founded Contracting Solutions Group in 1995. The company posted a £3.7m profit in 2009. Trew also maintains numerous other private companies.
On 5 August 2003, Trew became an Associate Director at Lincoln City becoming a full director at the end of the month. In August 2005 he was appointed Chairman of Football with Steff Wright succeeding Rob Bradley as Chairman of the Board. He departed in January 2006 after a boardroom dispute which saw manager Keith Alexander placed on gardening leave, then re-instated. In April three of Trew's companies then terminated their sponsorship deals with the club.
In 2006 Trew joined the committee of Lincoln City Ladies. In addition to an £8,000-per-season sponsorship through his SportsTV company, Trew provided additional backing of up to £10,000 to aid the club's promotion bid. In 2008 the club changed its name to OOH Lincoln Ladies, due to a sponsorship deal with Trew's Out Of Home marketing company.
Nottingham Rugby Club
- Paul Fletcher (11 December 2010). "Can Paul Ince cut it at Notts County?". BBC Sport. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "the team: Ray Trew". Lorien Resourcing. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "Rank: 124 Contracting Solutions Group". Fasttrack. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "New Associate Director Comes On Board". Lincoln City F.C. Official Website. 5 August 2003. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- "Ray Becomes A 'Trew' Director". Lincoln City F.C. Official Website. 27 August 2003. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- "Former Chairman Played "A Massive Part"". Lincoln City F.C. Official Website. 9 December 2005. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- Simon Goodley (16 January 2006). "Lincoln's version of Big Brother starts to spin out of control". London: The Telegraph. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "Imps on lookout for new sponsors". BBC. 19 April 2006. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "The morning after the night before". Two hundred percent. 11 February 2010. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "Lincoln chairman wary of takeover". BBC. 2 August 2006. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- Tony Leighton (6 November 2006). "Lincoln's original imps still set for the top despite cup defeat". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- Tony Leighton (30 November 2009). "OOH Lincoln declare intention to join women's Super League in 2011". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- Jon Culley (10 October 2010). "Sven 'too good to be true' but Notts County are having the last laugh". London: The Independent. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "Ray Trew takes over Nottingham Rugby Club". BBC News. 30 July 2010.