Raymond James Tower
|Raymond James Tower|
Raymond James Tower
|Former names||Morgan Keegan Tower|
|Address||50 North Front Street|
|Town or city||Memphis, Tennessee|
|Current tenants||Raymond James, KPMG|
|Owner||Parkway Properties, Inc.|
|Landlord||Parkway Realty Services, LLC|
|Height||396.0 feet (120.7 m)|
|Antenna spire||61.0 feet (18.6 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Main contractor||Lowery Companies, LLC.com|
Raymond James Tower is a 21-story skyscraper and is the second tallest building in Memphis, Tennessee. The building is located at the corner of North Front Street and Jefferson Avenue and South Main Street. It is 403.0 feet (122.8 m) tall, including a 61.0 feet (18.6 m) spire, and has 334,668 square feet (31,091.7 m2) of office space.
It is currently owned by Orlando, Florida based Parkway Properties, which has owned the building since 1997. The company once owned six other buildings in Memphis, but has since sold them off. As of July 2008, the building was 100% occupied.
The building is clad in carmen red flame cut and polished granite, and is topped with a 61-foot spire, which is a distinctive feature of the Memphis skyline.
In a nod to the past, the four giant stone griffins — a mythological creature with the body of a lion and the wings and head of an eagle - that adorned the former Hotel King Cotton are displayed in the atrium of the Raymond James Tower.
The site was previously occupied by the Hotel King Cotton, a 12-story high-rise hotel built in 1927. The building demolition was performed by Memphis Wrecking Company and Controlled Demolition, Inc. in April 1984.
It is currently home to Raymond James, formerly known as Morgan Keegan & Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Raymond James Financial. Raymond James is the anchor tenant. Other tenants include KPMG and several local law firms.
- RJ tower Parkway Properties . Retrieved September 19, 2010.
- "Raymond James Tower". Parkway Properties.
- "Hertz closes on five Parkway Properties office buildings in Memphis". Memphis Business Journal.
- Ashby, Andy Rainey law firm, TVA fill up Morgan Keegan Tower Memphis Business Journal, July 4, 2008 . Retrieved September 19, 2010.
- Ask Vance: Ask Vance: Pieces of the Past. Memphis Magazine. Retrieved on 2010-10-19.
- April 17, 2009. The Commercial Appeal. Retrieved on 2010-10-19.
- Portfolio lowerycompanies.com . Retrieved September 19, 2010.