February 19, 1985 |
Richmond, BC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|St. John's IceCaps
|NHL Draft||52nd Overall, 2004
He played at Cornell University from 2004–2008, where he was co-captain as a senior and a member of the Quill and Dagger society. On March 28, 2008, Sawada signed his first professional contract, signing a two-year entry level deal with the Stars. On February 19, 2009, his 24th birthday, Sawada made his debut for the Dallas Stars against the Edmonton Oilers and scored his first NHL goal.
On July 19, 2011, Sawada signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Stars. Unable gain a full-time spot with the Stars during the 2011–12 season, Sawada was re-assigned by Dallas from Texas to fellow AHL outfit, the St. John's IceCaps, as part of an AHL trade on March 2, 2012.
After finishing the season out with the IceCaps, and without a contract offer from the Stars, Sawada signed as a free agent to a one-year AHL deal to remain with St. John's on August 9, 2012.
|2011–12||St. John's IceCaps||AHL||17||1||2||3||14||15||3||3||6||10|
|2012–13||St. John's IceCaps||AHL||65||13||16||29||88||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Stars sign right wing Raymond Sawada". Dallas Stars. 2008-03-28. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Brunnstrom lifts Stars over Oilers". CBS Sports. 2009-02-19. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Stars sign Ray Sawada to one-year deal". DallasNews.com. 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "IceCaps add Trotter, Sawada". American Hockey League. 2012-03-02. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- "IceCaps agree to terms with Sawada, Arsene". St. John's IceCaps. 2012-08-09. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- Raymond Sawada's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Raymond Sawada's player profile at NHL.com
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey winger born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|