Raytheon Polar Services Company
Raytheon Polar Services Company (RPSC) is a division of Raytheon that provided logistics, operations, and staffing for the National Science Foundation's operations in Antarctica and Antarctic waters. Its contract with the United States Antarctic Program expired on March 30, 2012.
The US Antarctic Program Participant Guide lists RPSC's role in Antarctica as the following:
- Supporting science and operating research labs
- Procuring, arranging for transport, warehousing, and issuing equipment and supplies
- Operating and maintaining stations, research vessels, and numerous field camps
- Arranging medical clearance and travel of parties
- Managing transportation of passengers and cargo
- Arranging annual resupply and fuel of McMurdo by Military Sealift Command contract ships
- Providing marine terminal operations
- Complying with safety, health, and environmental requirements
There is no company motto.