From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Raz may refer to:
Raz is an alternative spelling for ras "strong sea current", now dated, but still in the expression raz-de-marée "tidal wave". It is from Norman ras, itself from Old Norse rás like race in English.
- Pointe du Raz, the western point of the commune of Plogoff, Finistère,
- Raz de Bannes or raz d'Urville, strong current off Urville-Nacqueville in Manche département, Basse Normandie,
- Raz de Barfleur, strong current at Pointe de Barfleur off Barfleur, Manche département, Basse Normandie,
- Raz Blanchard (Race of Alderney), strong tide current between La Hague and Alderney,
- Raz de la Percée, strong current at Pointe de la Percée off Englesqueville-la-Percée in Calvados, Basse-Normandie,
- Raz de Sein, a stretch of water located between the Isle of Sein and the Pointe du Raz in Finistère in the Brittany region of France.
- Raz, Iran, a city in North Khorasan Province, Iran
- Raz, Ardabil, a village in Ardabil Province, Iran
- Raz, Razavi Khorasan, a village in Razavi Khorasan Province, Iran
- Raz, Zanjan, a village in Zanjan Province, Iran
- Raz Galleh, a village in Kerman Province, Iran
- Raz Malek, a village in Kerman Province, Iran
- Raz Rural District, an administrative subdivision of North Khorasan Province, Iran
- Aviad Raz, Israeli sociologist
- Joseph Raz, legal, moral and political philosopher
- Kavi Raz, Indian-British actor
- Revolutionäre Aktionszellen (Revolutionary Action Cells), a Communist militant group in Germany
- Razputin ("Raz" for short), the protagonist of the video game Psychonauts
- Razz (disambiguation)
- Ras (disambiguation)
- Rez (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Raz.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.