Raze (house-music group)
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
Raze was an American electronic dance music group, assembled by the multi-instrumentalist and producer Vaughan Mason, who had previously released the hit single "Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll" on Brunswick Records in 1979. Raze also included the vocalist Keith Thompson & Erique Dial who created the sexual samples e.g. moans and groans, produced and co-wrote Raze "All 4 Love" (Break 4 Love 1990). "Break 4 Love" was released originally on Grove St Records (US) and licensed to Champion Records (UK), later released on Columbia Records (US).
Early releases included "Jack the Groove" and "Let the Music Move U," both in 1986. "Jack the Groove" was one of the first house-music hits in the UK, entering the Top 20 of the UK Singles Chart in January 1987. Along with Steve "Silk" Hurley's "Jack Your Body", a UK #1 the same month, it presaged the popularity of the genre in the UK in the late 1980s.
Raze hit #1 on the US Hot Dance Club Play chart in 1988 with "Break 4 Love," which also crossed over to urban radio stations, where it became a moderate hit. "Break 4 Love" hit #1 on the US dance chart again in 2001, when it was covered by Peter Rauhofer and the Pet Shop Boys, under the name the Collaboration.
- "Jack the Groove" (1986) - UK #20 - Originally release in the US by Grove St. Records.
- "Let the Music Move U" (1987) - UK #57
- "Break 4 Love" (1988) - US Hot Dance Club Play; UK #28
- "Let It Roll" (1989) - UK #27 † - Originally released on Grove St Records in the US and licensed to Atlantic Records and to Jalapeno Records (UK) in 2002.
- "All 4 Love (Break 4 Love 1990) (1990) - UK #30 ‡ - Originally released on Champion Records (UK)
- "Can You Feel It" / "Can You Feel It" (1990) - UK #62 ¶ - Originally release in the US by WarLoc Records
- "Break 4 Love" (remix) (1994) - UK #44 - Originally on Grove St. Records US and licensed to Champion Records (UK).
- "Break 4 Love" (second remix) (2003) - UK #64 - Originally release in the US on Grove St Records licensed to Champion Records (UK)
^"Let It Move U" ESTB - (1990) Originally released on Grove St. Records (US) & 1991 ZYX Records (Germany) Compilation - Famous Rap Hits † - Raze presents Doug Lazy
‡ - Raze featuring Lady J and Secretary of Entertainment
¶ - Raze / The Legend "Can You Feel It" Champion Records (UK) was a montage of six Raze tracks) ^ - Raze presents ESTB
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|