Razzia sur la chnouf
|Razzia sur la chnouf|
|Directed by||Henri Decoin|
|Produced by||Paul Wagner|
|Written by||Auguste Le Breton
|Music by||Marc Lanjean|
|Edited by||Denise Reiss|
|Release dates||7 April 1955|
Razzia sur la chnouf (French for "Raid on the Drug Ring") is a 1955 French gangster film directed by Henri Decoin and starring Jean Gabin. The screenplay is based on a novel by Auguste Le Breton. The film was released as Razzia in the USA.
A criminal organisation assigns French gangster Henri Ferré to optimise the operations of an existing narcotics ring in Paris. The bar „Le Troquet“ serves as a front for these activities. The bar's cashier Lisette has a crush on him right from the start. Even so, Henri Ferré's main interest is to assemble all persons who have a significant part in the drug trade. Because of that he is increasingly suspected to have a hidden agenda. Finally it turns out he is an undercover agent who strives to dismantle the organisation once and for all.
- Jean Gabin: Henri Ferré aka "the man from Nantes" ("Le Nantais")
- Magali Noël: Lisette, the cashier of the "Troquet"
- Paul Frankeur: inspector Fernand
- Marcel Dalio: Paul Liski, boss of the French anti-narcotics force
- Lino Ventura: Roger „the Catalan“
- Albert Rémy: Bibi, Roger's accessory
- Lila Kedrova: Léa, an addict
- Razzia sur la chnouf at the Internet Movie Database
- Razzia sur la chnouf at AllMovie
- Razzia sur la chnouf at “Cinema-francais“ (French)
- Razzia movie review at The New York Times Last accessed: July 3, 2014.
|This 1950s crime film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a French film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|