|This section does not cite any references or sources. (December 2007)|
A reach stacker is a vehicle used for handling intermodal cargo containers in small terminals or a medium-sized ports. Reach stackers are able to transport a container short distances very quickly and pile them in various rows depending on its access.
Reachstackers have gained ground in container handling in most markets because of their flexibility and higher stacking and storage capacity when compared to forklift trucks. Using reach stackers, container blocks can be kept 4-deep due to second row access.
The first commercial reachstacker was built nearly thirty years ago in 1980's, in Lidhult, Sweden by Kalmar, part of Cargotec. Since then Kalmar has remained the world's most popular  and leading reach stacker manufacturer with more than 40% share in the world market. Cargotec has delivered more than 8,000 reachstackers worlwide.
There are also empty stackers or empty container handlers that are used only for handling empty containers quickly and efficiently.
Different kind of reachstackers
- Kalmar makes World's only Rough Terrain Reachstacker 
- In 2013 Konecranes launched the world´s first hybrid reach stacker for container handling. Its lifting capacity is 45 tons and it will cut fuel consumption by around 10 litres per hour.
- "Kalmar pioneers LNG reachstacker technology. The LNG power is a very interesting future fuel alternative both for port equipment business as well as for the whole shipping industry." 
- "Kalmar Reachstackers". Cargotec. Retrieved 2014-03-11.
- "India and China are big markets for materials handling equipment, 18 May 2006". Forkliftaction. Retrieved 2014-03-11.
- "Kalmar's Shanghai factory delivers its 1,000th reachstacker, 31 July 2013". Cargotec. Retrieved 2014-03-11.
- "Kalmar Empty Container handlers". Cargotec. Retrieved 2014-03-11.
- "Kalmar RT240 – Rough Terrain Reach Stacker". Kalmarrt. Retrieved 2014-03-11.
- "Konecranes launches world’s first hybrid reachstacker, January 14, 2013". Port Technology. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- "Kalmar pioneers LNG reachstacker technology, October 22, 2013". Port Strategy. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
Media related to Reach stackers at Wikimedia Commons
|This industry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|