Reading Public Schools
The superintendent is John Doherty, who works under the direction of a six-person School Committee.
"The Reading Public Schools strives to ensure that all students will have common challenging meaningful learning experiences in the academics, health and wellness, the arts, community service, co-curricular activities and athletics. We will lead and manage our school community to reflect the values and culture of the Reading Community, and guide and support our students to develop the appropriate skills, strategies, creativity, and knowledge necessary to be productive informed independent citizens in a global society."
- Reading Memorial High School
- AW Coolidge Middle School
- WS Parker Middle School
- A. M. Barrows Elementary School
- Birch Meadow Elementary School - Birch Meadow serves students grades K-5. Eric Sprung is the principal. The school was awarded the 2010 Lighthouse Award, and 2011 "Beacon of Light" by the Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Program. In the 2010-2011 school year, Birch Meadow made significant gains on the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System, allowing the school to make AYP.
- Joshua Eaton Elementary School
- Killam Elementary School
- Wood End Elementary School - There are 343 students in grades K-5 and 60 staff members. JoAnne King is the principal. The School was recognized in 2008 as a 'Beacon of Light' school by the Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Program. In spring 2008 the fifth grade students scored seventh in the state for the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System Mathematics Test Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System.