||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (November 2011)|
|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (May 2012)|
ReadSpeaker is a suite of web-based applications that uses the latest text-to-speech technology to speech-enable web sites, mobile sites, RSS feeds, mobile apps like iPhone, Android or Blackberry apps, as well as online documents and forms. ReadSpeaker products help people that suffer from reading difficulties, dyslexia, visual impairment, but also non native English users and Seniors. An even greater number of people simply don’t have enough time to read. In the age of smartphones and mobile Internet, these problems can be exacerbated by the use of small screens.
ReadSpeaker applications are all web-based which means they require no downloads from either the web site owner or from the end user who can access the audio version of the web site from any location having Internet access. ReadSpeaker products work with the vast majority of content management systems as well as all major browsers. ReadSpeaker products can be fully customized to suit the needs of the content providers who wish to provide a talking version of their online text.
ReadSpeaker applications are free for end-users and work in over 35 languages and 100 voices including UK English, US English, German, Swedish, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, and Japanese.
ReadSpeaker Features 
Here are some of the features that you can find in ReadSpeaker applications.
- Embedded Highlighting: Enables website visitors to see synchronized highlighting of the text that is currently being read, on a word by word and/or sentence basis depending on the setting that has been chosen by the user.
- User text selection: Text on a web page can be selected using a mouse or trackpad and only the selected text will then be spoken.
- RSS to Podcast: ReadSpeaker can convert an RSS feed into a Podcast so that users can listen to their favourite news feeds on-the-go.
- PDF and Word document reading: Online PDF and Word documents are read by ReadSpeaker products.
- Customizable playback behaviours: For web site owners who request it, ReadSpeaker products can be customized to read a web page in a specific way, for example by muting some elements.
- Customizable Dictionaries : Foreign words, acronyms, abbreviations, brand names for can be corrected in their pronunciation for each web site using ReadSpeaker applications.
- Multi-app integration: For example, ReadSpeaker technology can be jacked-in to existing iPhone apps to have their text content read aloud.
- Tourism@ Awards2006
- Vocal Expo 2006
- "Award for Excellence in eGovernment" - by the European Commission together with the City of Uppsala - 2001