Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
|Ready to Rumble Boxing: Round 2|
North American Dreamcast cover art
|Developer(s)||Midway Amuesement Games, Point of View (PS)|
|Publisher(s)||Midway Home Entertainment.inc|
|Mode(s)||Single player, Multiplayer|
|Distribution||64-megabit cartridge, CD-ROM, GD-ROM|
Gameplay in the game is similar to that of the previous game. The more big hits the player land consecutively, letters that spell out "RUMBLE" appear below the player's side of the screen. Letters also appear when the fighter taunts his opponent. Once the word is formed, powerful combo attacks can be activated that will almost definitely knock the opponent down. This time, however, there are three levels of "RUMBLE", which build up one after the other. If the player successfully lands a combo with his RUMBLE Meter full on the third level (where the letters start smoking), the final blow can launch the opponent clear out of the ring, giving the player an instant victory.
News from Midway's sequel to Ready 2 Rumble Boxing were first made public back in early summer of 1999. In May 2000, showed of the game at that year's E3 for demonstration. It was here the Midway announced that the game would receive a PlayStation 2 release. In September 2000 the game was previewed for public demonstrating at that year's ECTS. That same month images and screenshots of two of the game's secret characters were unveiled: Shaquille O'Neal and Michael Jackson. It was stated that Jackson was motion captured and digitally photographed for his character. Midway released the PlayStation 2 version on October 23 to coincide with the release of the PlayStation 2. As with the previous game, Michael Buffer appears in the game as himself. The game's roster also features the then U.S. President Bill Clinton and his wife Hillary Rodham Clinton, credited respectively only as "Mr. President" and "The First Lady".
- Douglass C. Perry (June 4, 1999). "Off the Record, Vol. 21 Interplay, Game Boy emulators, and Midway make today's PlayStation 2 news.". IGN. Retrieved February 12, 2010. "Midway has plans to bring sequels to Ready to Rumble, NFL Blitz, Hydro Thunder, and NBA Showtime to the PlayStation 2, in addition to the RPG it announced in late May."
- Marc Nix (May 11, 2000). "E3 2000: PS2's First American Games Find out what was shown at Sony's unveiling!". IGN. Retrieved February 12, 2010.
- Douglass C. Perry (May 13, 2000). "E3: Midway Blasts Gamers with Huge PS2 Lineup The king of the arcade slams the PlayStation2 with seven new games for PS2 in 2000 and 2001.". IGN. Retrieved February 12, 2010. "The obvious ones were Ready to Rumble Boxing: Round 2..."
- Douglass C. Perry (September 3, 2000). "ECTS 2000: Midway's One-Two Punch Midway showed off Ready to Rumble 2 and the first playable NBA Hoopz, three-on-three.". IGN. Retrieved February 12, 2010. "Ready to Rumble: Round 2 was shown in fully playable form, and of the two, it looked a lot farther along in its development cycle."
- Douglass C. Perry (September 11, 2000). "Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 Screens and movies of Michael Jackson and Shaquille O'Neal in Midway's upcoming PS2 launch title.". IGN. Retrieved February 12, 2010.
- IGN Staff (October 24, 2000). "Midway Releases Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 So let's get it on! Er, wait, wrong catchphrase... Hey! Look! It's Michael Jackson!". IGN. "The big draw of Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 is the chance to clash with the King of Pop himself, Michael Jackson, who was motion-captured and digitally photographed for his role."
- IGN Staff (October 24, 2000). "Midway Releases Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 So let's get it on! Er, wait, wrong catchphrase... Hey! Look! It's Michael Jackson!". IGN. "Midway Sports Asylum have released Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 in preparation for the PlayStation 2's launch."
- プレイステーション2 - READY 2 RUMBLE BOXING ROUND 2. Weekly Famitsu. No.915 Pt.2. Pg.90. 30 June 2006.