Ready Steady Who
|Ready Steady Who|
|EP by The Who|
|Released||11 November 1966|
|Producer||Kit Lambert, The Who|
|The Who chronology|
Ready Steady Who is a 7" EP by The Who, released only in the UK on 11 November 1966. The title refers to a Ready Steady Go! TV special the band had recently appeared in, but the EP contains different recordings to what was performed on the TV show. These consist of two original songs by Pete Townshend, as well as covers of the theme from the Batman TV series and Jan and Dean's "Bucket T". Also included is a cover of The Regents' "Barbara Ann", a song whose famous arrangement by The Beach Boys The Who follows more closely.
The original EP credits the song "Batman" to Jan Berry, Don Altfeld (misspelled as "Altfield") and Fred Weider. The song was actually written by Neal Hefti, and is not a cover of the Jan and Dean-embellished version. The credit was corrected in the liner notes to the 1995 CD release of A Quick One.
All of the songs are available as bonus tracks on the 1995 reissue CD of A Quick One, except for "Circles", which differs from the version on the 2002 de luxe version of the My Generation LP, and can be found on Two's Missing.
Track listing 
- Side one
- "Disguises" (Pete Townshend) – 3:10
- "Circles" (Townshend) – 2:27
- Side two
- "Batman" (Neal Hefti) – 1:22
- "Bucket 'T'" (Don Altfeld, Roger Christian, Dean Torrence) – 2:07
- "Barbara Ann" (Fred Fassert) – 1:59
- The Who Official Band Website - Ready Steady Who (EP)
- http://www.thewho.info/WhoSingles5.htm The Who singles