April 24, 1980 |
Detroit, Michigan, United States
|Ethnicity||African-American, Puerto Rican|
|Spouse(s)||DeWayne Turrentine (m. 1999)|
Reagan Gomez-Preston (born April 24, 1980) is an American television and film actress and voice actress. She is best known for playing Zaria Peterson, Robert and Jerri Peterson's oldest daughter on The WB sitcom The Parent 'Hood, which was her first acting role. Since then she has appeared in numerous shows, films, and music videos.
Gomez-Preston's father, Bennett Preston, is a medical examiner/pathologist in Philadelphia., Preston used her father's surname Preston, and used her mother's surname Gomez. When Gomez-Preston was young her mother worked for the Detroit Police Department. Cheryl Gomez was one of the first women assigned to street patrol. Due to verbal abuse, written racist epithets, death threats, and a commanding officer expressing interest in a relationship with her, she quit, and filed a sexual harassment suit against the Detroit Police Department, which she won, receiving an award somewhere between $800,000 and $1.2 million. After this Cheryl Gomez moved the family to Philadelphia. There Gomez-Preston was enrolled in acting, dancing, and singing lessons at Philadelphia's Freedom Theatre. Her parents eventually divorced. In 1994, she moved from Philadelphia to Los Angeles with her mother and Kyle, so that Gomez-Preston could pursue an acting career.
Gomez-Preston began her acting career in The Parent 'Hood, as Zaria Peterson. She guest starred on UPN's One on One as Flex's younger sister/Brianna's aunt, Bernadette. She also played Francine opposite Holly Robinson Peete in the short-lived UPN sitcom, Love Inc. She is also a former cast member of The Amanda Show. She has been featured in King magazine twice, first in the September 2003-October 2003 issue, and again in the December 2006-January 2007 issue. She was one of five cover girls in her second appearance. She also appeared in music videos "Sorry 2004" by Ruben Studdard, "No Better Love" by Young Gunz, and "Whatever You Like" by T.I..
Gomez-Preston is a writer of feature films, with her own business and production company. She voiced Roberta Tubbs, Cleveland Brown's stepdaughter on the animated series The Cleveland Show from 2009 until the show's cancellation in 2013. Gomez-Preston replaced actress Nia Long.
Gomez-Preston began dating model DeWayne Turrentine in 1995. Turrentine was a member in the group Quo. The couple married on November 10, 1999. They have two children, a daughter, Scarlett Annette Turrentine (born May 13, 2007) and a son Tyger Attila Turrentine (born April 2, 2011).
|1996||Jerry Maguire||Tidwell's cousin|
|2001||Carmen: A Hip Hopera||Caela|
|2002||Dead Above Ground||Latrisha McDermont|
|2003||Love Don't Cost a Thing||Olivia|
|2004||Never Die Alone||Juanita|
|2004||Doing Hard Time||Rayvon Jones|
|2004||Trois: The Escort||Lena|
|2009||Elbows & Vogues||Julia|
|2009||Sweet Justice||Asia Sterling|
|2010||Kiss The Bride||Robin|
|2010||A Gang Land Love Story||Julia|
|1995–1999||The Parent Hood||Zaria Peterson||90 episodes|
|1997||Smart Guy||Nina Duberly|
|2000||The Amanda Show||Multiple||Regular|
|2001||That '70s Show||Melissa|
|2003||One on One||Bernadette Washington|
|2005–2006||Love, Inc.||Francine||22 episodes|
|2009–2013||The Cleveland Show||Roberta Tubbs||75 episodes|
|2010–present||Family Guy||Roberta Tubbs||1 episode|
|2011||Night of the Hurricane||Roberta Tubbs||TV special|
|2013–present||Love That Girl!||Jasmine Russel|
- "Reagan Gomez-Preston Biography". filmreference.com. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Reagan Gomez-Preston Talks Why She Loves Being Puerto Rican". youtube. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Reagan Gomez-Preston Fast Facts:". TV Guide. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- Chery Creative Concepts.com
- When No Means No: A Guide to Sexual Harassment by Cheryl Gomez-Preston
- "Reagan Gomez-Preston talks parenthood". Sep 16, 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- Reagan Gomez in Sorry 2004
- Reagan Gomez in No Better Love
- Reagan Gomez in Whatever You Like
- "Reagan Gomez-Preston Talks Dysfunctional Friends, The Cleveland Show, and This Time". blackfilm.com. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Fox Cancels The Cleveland Show". Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "An Interview with Nia Long". October 5, 2009. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Reagan Gomez’s Marriage Advice: ‘Keep People Out of Your Business’". Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Got A Minute: Juicy Exclusive with Reagan Gomez-Preston!!!". juicymagonline.com. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- Sister 2 Sister magazine, December 2003