Real Chance of Love
|Real Chance of Love|
|Created by||Cris Abrego
|Opening theme||"Does She Love Me?"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Executive producer(s)||Cris Abrego
|Running time||45–48 minutes|
|Original run||October 20, 2008– October 26, 2009|
|Preceded by||I Love New York
I Love Money
|Followed by||Real and Chance: The Legend Hunters|
Real Chance of Love is an American reality television dating game show featuring two brothers Ahmad Givens (Real) and Kamal Givens (Chance), of the rap group The Stallionares, and former contestants on I Love New York, who are looking for love.
The show was first brought up in August 2007 when Mr. Boston and Tango of I Love New York were offered to star in their own reality show. Mr. Boston declined and the plans eventually fell through, leaving the show to be picked up for Real and Chance.
The first season premiered October 20, 2008, and featured seventeen female contestants taking part in various challenges in a format similar to other VH1 and MTV dating contest programs. Each week, women were eliminated until the final episode where the brothers had to make their final selections. Ultimately, Ahmad (Real) selected Corn Fed, while Kamal (Chance) selected nobody. The series consisted of 14 episodes. A few days after the reunion show was taped, Corn Fed and Real ended their relationship.
It was reported on the VH1 blog that there will be a "second season" of Real Chance of Love, with the working title Real Chance of Love 2. Twenty women will move into the Stallionaire Ranch and compete for the brother of their choice. In March 2009, Real Chance of Love 2 auditions were held in selected cities. Real and Chance appeared on Chelsea Lately on May 25, 2009 to talk about the second season of Real Chance of Love. The show premiered on August 3, 2009. Ultimately, Ahmad (Real) selected Doll, while Kamal (Chance) selected Hot Wings.
Airing of the show
|Season One||October 20, 2008 (2.2M viewers)||January 12, 2009 (4.19M viewers)||January 26, 2009 (3.041M viewers)||Real: Abbi La Nay Noah "Corn Fed"||Real: Konanga Tyson "Bay Bay Bay"||17||14|
|Chance: No One||Chance: Ebony Jones "Risky" & Christine Ly "Cali"|
|Season Two||August 3, 2009 (2.518M viewers)||October 26, 2009 (2.5M viewers)||None||Real: Jackie DaFonseca "Doll"||Real: Gabrielle "Sassy"||20||12|
|Chance: Kamille Leai "Hot Wings"||Chance: Michelle "Mamacita"|
- I Love Money features contestants from Real Chance of Love, Rock of Love, I Love New York, and Flavor of Love competing in different challenges for the ultimate prize of $250,000.
- Charm School with Ricki Lake features contestants from Real Chance of Love and Rock of Love Bus.
- Homewood, Nicole (26 January 2009). TV Monday. "Urban Miss - 17 Girls, 2 Brothers Reunite For 'Real Chance'". New York Post. p. 75. Retrieved 20 July 2010.
- Levin, Gary (29 October 2008). Life. "World Series strikes out". USA Today. p. D.4. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- "Bush's farewell address shared lead in cable television ratings for the week of Jan. 12-18". Associated Press. 22 January 2009. Retrieved 20 July 2010.[dead link]
- Seidman, Robert (3 February 2009). "The Closer, Monk and Burn Notice lead weekly cable viewing". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved 21 July 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (11 August 2009). "Sorry haters, but the viewer numbers for VH1′s T.O. Show just aren’t that bad". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved 21 July 2010.
- Levin, Gary (4 November 2009). Life. "Fox scores with Series". USA Today. p. D.4. Retrieved 21 July 2010.