Real Estate Investment Securities Association
The Real Estate Investment Securities Association (REISA) is a national trade association for professionals who offer and distribute real estate investment securities. REISA represents those professionals focused on real estate, oil and gas, and other direct/alternative investments typically sold through the Broker-Dealer or Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) network. REISA exists to educate Broker-Dealers/RIAs, FINRA registered representatives, investment advisory representatives (IAR), and other professionals in the securitized real estate industry on how to protect clients, increase business, resolve problems, introduce them to quality real estate sponsors, and provide networking opportunities. The association’s registered trademark is Helping Members Serve Investors .
The majority of the investment vehicles that the association’s members interact with include:
- real estate funds and partnerships
- note offerings
- public non-traded real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- public traded real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- undivided fractional interests in real estate tenant-in-common (TIC) and Delaware Statutory Trusts (DSTs)
- real estate offerings in natural resources such as oil and gas programs
REISA, formerly the Tenant-In-Common Association (TICA), was formed in 2003 specifically to provide a central organization of industry related companies focused exclusively on the fractional ownership industry. It was founded as a cooperative effort between TIC professionals to advance the TIC industry. Its mission was to promote the ethical standards for its members, while providing education and information to the entire TIC community. In 2009, as the industry changed and TICA members began selling additional products, the organization adapted to the changing marketplace by expanding the products it represented and changed its name to the Real Estate Investment Securities Association (REISA).
REISA members include:
- Real Estate Companies
- Registered Investment Advisors (RIA)
- Registered Representatives
- Investment Advisory Representatives (IAR)
- Mortgage Bankers
- Institutional Lenders
- Qualified Intermediaries
- Other affiliated industries
REISA is a membership organization and provides benefits to its members that include electronic newsletters, a bimonthly newsletter (FYI), monthly educational webinars, reduced fees for conference registration, networking opportunities, white papers and various other educational publications, and lobbying activity on behalf of the industry.
REISA has a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) foundation titled the TICA Foundation. REISA also has a Political Action Committee (PAC), “REISA PAC.”
- Helping Members Serve Investors is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office by the Real Estate Investment Securities Association, Inc
- http://www.frej.net/news/news/2009-06-03/tica-relaunches-under-reisa-banner; http://www.realtor.org/rmocommercial/articles/2009/0909_commercial_tic
- http://www.allbusiness.com/company-activities-management/company-strategy/13679311-1.html; http://www.reisa.org/
- http://www.reisa.org/sections/publications.php; http://www.mortgagemag.com/news/2009/1016/1000013334070.htm
- "Real Estate Investment Securities Association Hosts Monthly Webinar Series". RISMedia. 2009-06-25. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "De-constructing real estate investment trusts: A detailed look at the hidden benefits". NYREJ. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- http://www.reisa.org/sections/foundation.mission.php; http://www.reisa.org/sections/foundation.donors.php; http://www.inewidea.com/db/77554890.html