Real Girl (song)
|Single by Mutya Buena|
|from the album Real Girl|
|Released||28 May 2007 (UK)
16 June 2007 (Australia)
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Label||4th & Broadway|
|Writer(s)||Lenny Kravitz, Niara Scarlett, Matt Ward, Dean Gillard|
|Producer(s)||Matt Ward, Dean Gillard (Full Phatt Productions)|
|Mutya Buena singles chronology|
"Real Girl" is a song written by Lenny Kravitz, Niara Scarlett, Matt Ward and Dean Gillard. It was produced by Matt Ward and Dean Gillard for Mutya Buena's debut album, Real Girl, and was released as the first single from the album. It charted at #2 on the UK singles chart. It was released on 28 May 2007. The song includes a sample of Lenny Kravitz' "It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over". It was shortlisted at the 2008 BRIT Awards for Best British Single. The track was up against her former bandmembers, Sugababes, as well as Leona Lewis, Kate Nash and Take That. "Real Girl" is played in a scene in Sex and the City: The Movie, which was released in May 2008.
- UK CD single #1
- "Real Girl" (Original Mix) — 3:29
- "Naive" (Recorded at 'The Engine Room') — 3:07
- UK CD single #2
- "Real Girl" (Original Mix) — 3:29
- "Real Girl" (Moto Blanco Remix) — 7:24
- "Real Girl" (Primary 1's Real Girls In Another World Mix) — 7:23
- "Real Girl" (Duncan Powell Mix) — 5:58
- "Real Girl" (Video) — 3:29
The video premiered on 3 April 2007. It includes Buena laying on a bed, writing and looking at pictures in what appears to be a scrapbook. One of the pictures comes to life and we see a close-up of the scene. It includes Mutya taking pictures and partying with a couple of friends. Also, her sister Dalisay makes a cameo appearance in the clip. As the second part of the chorus kicks in, we see her hanging out in shops and taking pictures. When the second verse starts, she is in a room seemingly filled with candles. She is then seen singing wearing a white dress in a totally new background with pictures on the wall. As Mutya sings the bridge, many pictures are shown, most notably of Mutya wearing a necklace that says "real". She is wearing a short black dress, as seen on the single cover, and singing when the second chorus starts. People are shown dancing as she sings the bridge. As the video closes, we see various photos of Mutya and her friends. The video premiered on Australian music channels on 18 May.
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||46|
|Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100)||53|
|Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)||6|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||40|
|Hungary (Rádiós Top 40)||12|
|Hungary (Dance Top 40)||38|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||6|
|Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)||2|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||53|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||2|
- "Australian release date". Retrieved June 10, 2007.
- HMV.com: Music CDs, DVDs, Games & More
- ARIA Report: July 20, 2007
- "Austriancharts.at – Mutya Buena – Real Girl" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 200729 into search.
- "Mutya Buena – Real Girl Hitlisten.nu" (in Danish). Tracklisten.
- "Mutya Buena: Real Girl" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- "Chartverfulgong > Buena, Mutya > Real Girl – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Dance Top 40 lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- "Chart Track: Week 22, 2007". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Italiancharts.com – Justin Timberlake – What Goes Around... Comes Around". Top Digital Download.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Mutya Buena – Real Girl" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "SNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 200736 into search.
- "Swisscharts.com – Mutya Buena – Real Girl". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Mutya Buena: Artist Chart History" UK Singles Chart.