Real Story Group
|Founded||2001 by Tony Byrne|
|Headquarters||3470 Olney-Laytonsville Road, Suite 131 Olney, MD|
Real Story Group is a digital workplace and marketing technology analyst firm, headquartered in Silver Spring, MD with offices in Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Bangalore, and Delhi. The company provides advisory services to buyers of business technology, and publishes reports on various areas, including web content management, enterprise mobile platforms, digital marketing technology, enterprise search, digital asset management, media asset management, SharePoint 2013, and social software. According to the company, an important differentiator to other analyst firms (such as Forrester Research and Gartner) is that it works only for technology solutions buyers, and never for vendors. The Real Story Group blog is often referenced as a source for content management information.
The founder of the company, Tony Byrne, also publishes articles in other media on this subject, like EContent, where he is one of the panelists for their Top 100 and Information Today. He has also been cited by mainstream business media, like Forbes. Byrne likens his company with Consumer Reports. RSG refuses to sign non-disclosure agreements with product vendors. RSG has been noted as criticizing Microsoft's SharePoint web capabilities.
Previously known as CMS Watch, the company announced a name change to Real Story Group in February, 2010.
Real Story Group coverage areas include the following:
- "CMS Watch – About Us". Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- Bentwood, Johny (20 June 2007). "Top 50 analyst blogs". Retrieved 28 June 2009.
- Tony Byrne < Real Story Group Analyst. Cmswatch.com. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- Meet the EContent 100 Judging Team – EContent Magazine. Econtentmag.com (1 December 2008). Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- Paul, Frederic (5 June 2009). "Smart Social Networking For Your Small Business". Forbes.
- Microsoft SharePoint falls short in Web content management, analyst firm says. Networkworld.com (27 April 2007). Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- Non-disclosure is a non-starter < Real Story Group Blog. Cmswatch.com. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- Web CMS Industry Struggling to Adapt to Web 2.0, Survey Says – EContent Magazine. Econtentmag.com (23 March 2007). Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- IBM lags behind rivals in Web content management. Networkworld.com (5 November 2007). Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- Software, Storage, Security, Server, Networking News for IT Managers. InternetNews (31 December 1969). Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- SharePoint eating up the portal space – IT News from. V3.co.uk. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- Microsoft Releases CTP of VS Extensions for SharePoint. Visual Studio Magazine. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- Social software may fail enterprise expectations: Study – Page 1 – Knowledge Management – IT Workplace. Itworldcanada.com. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- LinkedIn Surpassing Facebook for Enterprise Use-Cases | SYS-CON NEWS DESK. Education.sys-con.com (17 January 2009). Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- Enterprise Portal Technology | Portal adoption falters. Information-age.com. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- "Welcome to the Real Story Group". Retrieved 24 February 2010.
- Crum, Chris (16 January 2009). "Report: LinkedIn Better for Enterprises Than Facebook". WebProNews. Retrieved 28 June 2009.
- Byrne, Tony (10 August 2007). "CMS Watch Partners With AIIM on Training". Intelligent Enterprise. Retrieved 28 June 2009.
- Guseva, Irina (10 October 2008). "2009 Web CMS Report From CMS Watch Has Arrived". CMSWire. Retrieved 28 June 2009.
- White, Ian (11 January 2008). "Popcorn technology". Computer Weekly. Retrieved 28 June 2009.
- Miller, Ron (11 March 2009). "CMS Watch says today's WCM tools can't match Obama's vision". FierceContentManagement. Retrieved 28 June 2009.
- "Web Content Management Vendors Increasingly Bundling Site Search". contentmanager.net. 30 March 2009. Retrieved 28 June 2009.