Reality Bites Back
|Reality Bites Back|
|Written by||Ethan T. Berlin
|Directed by||Brian Smith|
|Starring||Michael Ian Black|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Executive producer(s)||Adam Greener|
|Running time||approx. 30 minutes|
|Original channel||Comedy Central|
|Original run||July 17, 2008 – September 4, 2008|
Reality Bites Back is a reality show hosted by Michael Ian Black that parodies various reality show formats. It premiered July 17, 2008 on Comedy Central. The name is derived from the 1994 film Reality Bites.
Ten comedians compete in a variety of contests that spoof popular reality shows. Each week one contestant is eliminated. The winner is then declared the "Lord of All Reality" and receives a $50,000 prize. The show is stated to be about 50% sketch comedy and 50% actual reality.
- Kyle Cease
- Chris Fairbanks
- Jeffrey Garcia
- Red Grant
- Tiffany Haddish
- Bert Kreischer
- Mo Mandel
- Donnell Rawlings
- Amy Schumer
- Theo Vonkurnatowski
|Ep 1||Ep 2||Ep 3||Ep 4||Ep 5||Ep 6||Ep 7||Ep 8|
|Jeffrey "Jeff" Garcia||LEFT|
- WINNER means the contestant won the competition.
- RUNNER-UP means the contestant came in second over all in the competition.
- immunity challenge, and was safe from being eliminated. WIN means the contestant won the
- LOW means the contestant was eligible for elimination, but survived.
- OUT means the contestant was eliminated
- LEFT means the contestant voluntarily left the show.
|1||"Extreme Manipulation: House Edition"||July 17, 2008|
|The contestants' parents live with them for four days. Parodies: Extreme Makeover and Big Brother|
|2||"Shock of Love"||July 24, 2008|
|Competitors must seduce foul-mouthed comedian Luenell Campbell. Parodies: Rock of Love and Surreal Life|
|3||"The Biggest Chubby"||July 31, 2008|
|The comedians compete to gain the most weight. Parodies: The Biggest Loser|
|4||"Almost-American Gladiators"||August 7, 2008|
|A series of immigration-themed physical challenges are presented to the contestants. American Gladiators, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?|
|5||"So You Think You Can Dive?"||August 14, 2008|
|The contestants participate in a diving competition.
Celebrity judge: Greg LouganisParodies: So You Think You Can Dance, The Bachelor, The Apprentice
|6||"Hunting With the Stars"||August 21, 2008|
|Contestants are paired with D-list celebrities. Dancing with the Stars|
|7||"The Amazing Disgrace"||August 28, 2008|
|The bickering escalates in a number of shame and humiliation-based challenges. Parodies: The Amazing Race, Deadliest Catch, Deal or No Deal|
|8||"American Surv-idoler's Kitchen"||September 4, 2008|
|The contestants navigate a mash-up of challenges. Parodies: American Idol, Survivor, Hell's Kitchen|
- "Michael Ian Black Hosts The New Comedy Central Series Reality Bites Back". Retrieved 2008-07-15.
- "'Reality Bites Back' contestant, Kyle Cease answers some questions". Archived from the original on 2008-08-22. Retrieved 2008-07-15.