Realm (video game)
North American box art
|Developer(s)||Titus France SA|
|Publisher(s)||Flair Software Ltd.|
|Genre(s)||2D action platformer|
This video game takes place in the extremely futuristic year of 5069 with the player being in control of a young Biomech cyborg. An alien invasion has devastated the entire planet of Earth; destroying almost every human being and devastating our cities. Earth's last hope is a cyborg that travels through five levels (realms) to defeat the enemies with laser weapons and other Space Age guns and save what's left of humanity.
This game was released near the end of the Super NES' lifetime and features extensive graphics for a side scrolling action game. This game was reviewed on September 1996 (88th) issue of Nintendo Power - an issue that essentially previewed games that were going to be released in the fourth quarter of that year (up to and including some Christmas releases). A future issue of the same magazine would review this game, giving it average marks in fields like graphics, overall game play, and its overall fun factor.
- Default gun- Fires red energy shots and has infinite ammo. This gun is what Biomech starts off with and appears if another gun that the player has runs out of ammo. Inflicts light damage.
- AD350- Fires green heat-seeking lasers. Inflicts medium damage.
- TR1- Fires three spreading plasma shots. Inflicts medium-light damage.
- VFR750- Fires five small cyan shots in very quick succession. Inflicts medium damage.
- NR750- Fires a group of red torpedoes which must be charged up. Variable damage.
- LC-30- Fires a large green laser that is hard to aim at an angle. Inflicts heavy damage.
- GSX750- A machine gun-like rapid fire gun. Inflicts heavy damage.
- CBR600- Fires small fireballs that act like boomerangs. Inflicts medium-heavy damage.
- SR500- Fires a steady line of small "rocket-pods". Inflicts medium damage.
|This action game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|