|Traded as||NYSE: RLGY|
|Headquarters||175 Park Avenue
Madison, New Jersey, USA
|Area served||United States|
|Key people||Richard A. Smith (Chairman, CEO)
Anthony E. Hull, MBA (CFO, Treasurer)
|Products||Real estate services|
|Revenue||US$ 5.289 billion (2013)|
|Operating income||US$ 175 million (2013)|
|Net income||US$ 438 million (2013)|
|Total assets||US$ 7.326 billion (2013)|
|Total equity||US$ 2.031 billion (2013)|
Realogy (pronounced "rēl′ ə jē", as in "real" estate) (NYSE: RLGY) is an American publicly owned company that provides real estate and relocation services. It owns and franchises several real estate brands and brokerages. It also provides relocation, title and settlement services.
Realogy was created as a result of an October 24, 2005 announcement by Cendant that it had decided to split into four separate companies, citing a necessity to diversify in appealing to stockholders and in an attempt to increase the value of the post-split up company. These four categories include "Real Estate, Travel Distribution, Hospitality and Vehicle Rental Companies."
On July 31, 2006, the separation was completed, and Realogy became a self-operating company. Subsequently, the Cendant name has been completely retired.
On December 18, 2006, Realogy announced it had accepted a $8.5 billion buyout offer from private equity group Apollo Management. The transaction closed on April 10, 2007.
Realogy's business units include Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate, Century 21, Coldwell Banker, Coldwell Banker Commercial, The Corcoran Group, ERA, Sotheby's International Realty, NRT LLC, Cartus and Title Resource Group. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 13,600 offices with 247,000 sales associates doing business in 104 countries and territories around the world. In 2013, Realogy earned $5.3 billion in revenue.
Realogy is led by Chairman, CEO & President Richard A. Smith. Smith was appointed to the Bipartisan Policy Center's newly formed Housing Commission in December 2011. Smith also was named among SmartMoney magazine's "Power 30: The World’s Most Influential Players," in October 2011. In January 2014, he was named the Most Powerful Person in Residential Real Estate Brokerage according to the inaugural Swanepoel Power 200 rankings.
Realogy's former headquarters was located in Parsippany, New Jersey, before April 2013, when the company moved its corporate headquarters to a new facility at 175 Park Avenue in Madison, New Jersey.
In March 2014, Realogy was recognized as a 2014 World’s Most Ethical Company by the Ethisphere Institute, an independent center of research promoting best practices in corporate ethics and governance, the third consecutive year in which it has received this honor.
Realogy Business Units
- Cartus Corporation
- Title Resource Group www.trgc.com
- Realogy Franchise Group
- Coldwell Banker
- Coldwell Banker Commercial
- ERA Real Estate
- Sotheby's International Realty
- Corcoran (Corcoran Group Real Estate)
- Citi Habitats New York
- The Sunshine Group, Ltd.
- "2013 Form 10-K, Realogy Holdings Corp.". Realogy Holdings Corp. (via the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission).
- "Cendant". Cendant. Archived from the original on 2007-03-11. Retrieved 2007-06-04.
- "Apollo Management, L.P. Completes Acquisition Of Realogy Corporation". Realogy. Retrieved 2007-06-05.
- "Realogy Raises $1.08 Billion, Pricing IPO at Top End of Range". Bloomberg. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "Realogy Reports Financial Results for First Quarter 2014". Realogy. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- "Realogy CEO Richard A. Smith Appointed to Bipartisan Policy Center's Newly Formed Housing Commission". Realogy. 2011-12-13. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- "Power 30: The World's Most Influential Players". Smart Money. Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- "Realogy's Richard A. Smith Named 'the Most Powerful Person in Residential Real Estate Brokerage for 2013'". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2014-10-01.
- "Timeline Photos". Facebook. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "Realogy Named Among World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for Third Consecutive Year". Press Release. Retrieved 2014-03-30.